Another outlook question

sorry for my too many tech questions…

for outlook,you need to be on your own computer,right?
if you use a computer in an internet cafe,or at a friend’s house,is there a way of having all your outlook settings like if you were at home?

Try the bat voyager if you want to bring all your email on a usb device.

ritlabs.com/en/products/voyager/

There are some solutions that you can actually access your home PC from anywhere in the world through internet and a browser … but forgot the names of the software … maybe remotePC or something … try googling it …

[quote=“robi666”]Try the bat voyager if you want to bring all your email on a usb device.

ritlabs.com/en/products/voyager/[/quote]

thanks,but it doesn’t do what i wished,as my main needs are the task and contacts from outlook,maybe it’s time to invest in a windows PDA

You could install tightvnc.com on your home PC and carry the client around on a memory stick. You fire up the client from any PC and take control of your PC at home.

[quote=“dablindfrog”]sorry for my too many tech questions…

for outlook,you need to be on your own computer,right?
if you use a computer in an internet cafe,or at a friend’s house,is there a way of having all your outlook settings like if you were at home?[/quote]
Only if you copy your mailfile (outlook.pst) around and load it into outlook on that other computer.

Here’s a weird Outlook issue.

When I have an email I want to print, I’ll often click “Forward” first (as if I were going to forward the message, but I don’t actually do that), so I can then click “File” and “Print Preview”, which allows me to see if I need to print one page or two, etc.

Presently I have one string of emails that, when I click “Print Preview”, appears to show the email in landscape format (ie., the paper horizontal) rather than vertical, but there’s no way to change the format before printing, so that it will be vertical.

Then, when I do print the email, it appears that it did print in non-landscape format (ie, the paper is vertical and the words go left to right), but it prints on just the top half of page 1, then the top half of page 2, etc.

I have no idea why this thread of emails does that, but I got a new message in that thread today and noticed the issue persists. Any reason why?

FWIW, the other parties in the thread are corresponding from Japan, but I don’t know why that would be an issue.

I bought a new laptop a few weeks ago and dug out my old Microsoft Office disc that I bought for my prior computer, installed the program, but. . .

Every time I open Outlook a popup appears requiring me to click to accept the terms of Microsoft’s end user license agreement again and again and again (just once each time I open the program). I’ve now accepted the terms over a dozen times. How can I get it to recognize that acceptance and stop asking me?

Must I register online with Microsoft – is that the problem?

thanks