Another US political orientation test

The more I think about this test the more I realize what a crock it is. I mean, I’m an ‘upbeater.’ I no more belong in an ‘upbeat’ column than Fred Smith belongs in a ‘humanitarian’ column.

I know myself pretty well and if I had to classify myself I’d put myself somewhere between “Gun-toting Wacko” and “Disgruntled Postal Worker.”

Still, this whole process has got my interest piqued so I’m starting work on my own questionnaire to sort the sheep from the goats once and for all.

So far I’ve got the ‘goats’ portion pretty well fleshed out. I’ve got a ‘Crybabies’, ‘Bedwetters’ and ‘Knuckle-Draggers’ category. That covers about 90% of the goats here at Forumosa.

Any help would be appreciated. In the meantime, I’m going to sautee this whole thought process in some beer for a while to see what else I can come up with.

Forget it spook.
You are going into your test design with a mandate to ‘prove’ your suppositions.
Anyone taking your test would either be in collusion with your predjedices or a naive waif going to their demise.

Hardly fair & balanced.

Sorry you don’t like your labeling.

i’m not sure the phrase “fair & balanced” holds any water anymore.

lets not forget the Rupert Murdoch & Roger Ailes consider their “news network” to be “fair & balanced”…

can we come up with a phrase that hasn’t been the punch-line of millions of jokes?

We got a Crybaby on the line already.

I don’t smoke.

I drink wine and champagne (preferably the latter) and for wine preferably Argentine, Italian sangiovese or South African cape, though I partake in Californian Zinfandels (as in red) and Provence roses.

Single-malt scotch is a bit posey isn’t it? Give me Wild Turkey bourbon any day.

Chilean Red is whats happening now. All though I am a fan of Chateau neuf de Pape…spiritual?
And Spain has much to consider; champainge methodise de la cava. Fuck spelling, its late.

And as for Bourbon…if its isn’t from Kentucky…it just isn’t worth drinking. Hell…Early Times is a gift here.

Enterpriser here as well.

It says I’m liberal.

I don’t like “Enterpriser”. I think they should use “Slum Lord”.
And then since they have “Upbeat”, for balance maybe they can change “Disadvantaged Democrat” to “Deadbeat”.

Count me in the “Enterpriser” column. I’m honored.

I think “Enterpriser” is just their tongue in cheek way of saying Klingon.

I’m a Vulcan, which is why “Enterprisers” (Klingons) have such a visceral reaction to me.

I took the test and was labeled “disaffected”.

Pretty damn accurate test, I think.

cheers,
DB

[quote=“spook”]I think “Enterpriser” is just their tongue in cheek way of saying Klingon.

I’m a Vulcan, which is why “Enterprisers” (Klingons) have such a visceral reaction to me.[/quote]

uhm…Romulan maybe…Vulcan?..bwahahahahah

[quote=“spook”]The more I think about this test the more I realize what a crock it is. I mean, I’m an ‘upbeater.’ I no more belong in an ‘upbeat’ column than Fred Smith belongs in a ‘humanitarian’ column.

I know myself pretty well and if I had to classify myself I’d put myself somewhere between “Gun-toting Wacko” and “Disgruntled Postal Worker.”

Still, this whole process has got my interest piqued so I’m starting work on my own questionnaire to sort the sheep from the goats once and for all.

So far I’ve got the ‘goats’ portion pretty well fleshed out. I’ve got a ‘Crybabies’, ‘Bedwetters’ and ‘Knuckle-Draggers’ category. That covers about 90% of the goats here at Forumosa.

Any help would be appreciated. In the meantime, I’m going to sautee this whole thought process in some beer for a while to see what else I can come up with.[/quote]

Here’s some question pairs you can use.

1. I would never put bumper stickers on my automobile.
    I would put bumper stickers on my automobile if I had one.

2. If cigarette taxes were lower, I would put the savings into government secured equities.
    If cigarette taxes were lower, I wouldn’t have to resort to prostitution.

3. The war in Iraq is justified in many ways.
    There’s a war in Iraq? I didn’t know that.

4. I treat my employees with respect and pay them a fair wage.
    I often have to beat my ho afor she get busy.

[quote=“Richardm”][quote=“spook”]The more I think about this test the more I realize what a crock it is. I mean, I’m an ‘upbeater.’ I no more belong in an ‘upbeat’ column than Fred Smith belongs in a ‘humanitarian’ column.

Any help would be appreciated. In the meantime, I’m going to sautee this whole thought process in some beer for a while to see what else I can come up with.[/quote]

Here’s some question pairs you can use.

1. I would never put bumper stickers on my automobile.
    I would put bumper stickers on my automobile if I had one.

2. If cigarette taxes were lower, I would put the savings into government secured equities.
    If cigarette taxes were lower, I wouldn’t have to resort to prostitution.

3. The war in Iraq is justified in many ways.
    There’s a war in Iraq? I didn’t know that.

4. I treat my employees with respect and pay them a fair wage.
    I often have to beat my ho afor she get busy.[/quote]

:laughing:

1. FDR’s signing of the Yalta treaty was a necessary break in an all-out world war, one at the end of which the majority of Allied citizens had had enough.
    The Poles have never murdered Slovaks who have never murdered Russians who have never murdered Germans who have never murdered Czechs; the USA coulda easily and shoulda morally taken out Moscow plus my momma really wasn’t never no DemonCRAP French ho

I was going to suggest an alternative Fifth question pair:

1. I refuse to answer these questions on the grounds they may tend to incriminate me.
    Would you repeat the questions? Never mind. I know the answer already. The French and Germans are the spawn of Satan.

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“spook”]I think “Enterpriser” is just their tongue in cheek way of saying Klingon.

I’m a Vulcan, which is why “Enterprisers” (Klingons) have such a visceral reaction to me.[/quote]

uhm…Romulan maybe…Vulcan?..bwahahahahah[/quote]

Vulcans can be distinguished from Romulans by the fact that Vulcans are distinctly uncomfortable with false or unreliable evidence and shifting rationales while Romulans routinely employ both in pursuit of their ends.

First time I took this hit “liberal”, which, adjusting for American politics is pretty accurate. Second time, tried to deliberately choose libertarian as much as possible, and came up with “Enterpriser”

Since I picked as many small-government, anti-foreign- entanglement positons (pro-civil-right, anti- Patriotism-laws, pro-gay) as possible, to find out that I’m supposedly " the strongest backers of an assertive foreign policy, which includes nearly unanimous support for the war in Iraq and strong support for such anti-terrorism efforts as the Patriot Act…conservative on social issues such as gay rights" indicates that this test , like most, is a piece of crap.

Either that, or libertarians are as full of it as I suspect- basically, they’re conservatives that like to smoke dope :slight_smile:

Social Conservative

But the description tanked on a number of specific values I hold.

[quote=“fred smith”]I don’t smoke.

I drink wine and champagne (preferably the latter) and for wine preferably Argentine, Italian sangiovese or South African cape, though I partake in Californian Zinfandels (as in red) and Provence roses.

Single-malt scotch is a bit posey isn’t it? Give me Wild Turkey bourbon any day.[/quote]

jdsmith – Looks like Fred doesn’t get to be in our single-malt-and-cigars full-spectrum club. And other than my own enjoying Sangioveses from time to time as a commonality with Fred, it would appear a drinker of Zinfandels, roses and champagnes ought not to be looking down on drinkers of single-malt scotches as “posey”. My guess is that if Fred’s drinking Wild Turkey, he’s not taking it neat.

Fred – Regarding your taste for Wild Turkey, what’s your favorite cocktail?