Anthony Bourdain dead at 61

Your argument for that is because he offended some vegetarians? Lol.

1 Like

A relative of Professor Irwin???

not only vegetarians but all those opposed to cruelty to animals for the sake of middle class WASP entertainment. Anyway good riddance

The other guy on the food channel is a lot worse with the tagline 'if it moves , eat it '. He ate a lot of wildlife I donā€™t like to see that. Not the right attitude when animals are getting decimated everywhere . But he does a good show too.

Thereā€™s no need to be a dick, just because you didnā€™t personally care for him. Itā€™s not like weā€™re talking about the passing of Bin Laden. If heā€™s going to hell for the crime or eating animals, then most of us who post here are also ending up there I guess. Is that how you think of us as well?

2 Likes

Let me know if you need a hand getting that hook out of your mouth, bud.

3 Likes

Are you talking about this guy?

Wasnā€™t the tagline ā€œIf it looks good, eat it?ā€

2 Likes

Yeah that guy . Name? Heā€™s a mate of Tonyā€™s they did a show together it was fun.
I saw him in Keelung nightmarket doing his thing.
As I said I enjoy his show but I really donā€™t like that he eats what seems to be wildlife that could be rare or endangered. Thatā€™s something they should never promote.
Also animal cruelty definitely a big.no no we donā€™t need to see live animals being consumed.
And agree with the fishing shows comment, seem.a bit callous to be honest.
People.will look back in just twenty years and think they were really backwards. Veganism and vegetarianism is the fastest growing movement worldwideā€¦Supposedly

Sometimes you just gotta go for the shiny object. Completely understandable.

I enjoy Zimmernā€™s shows too. Not as much as Bourdainā€™s. Either way, either would be 1000 times better than the shite they have on TLC right now. Say Yes to the Dress, anyone? Fat people trying to get batriatric surgery? Rich peopleā€™s houses? Itā€™s bananering shite!

3 Likes

I skip right past that channel these days. Nothing but obese brides crying in their wedding dresses.

1 Like

Iā€™ve mostly been watching the Asian Cooking Channel

Itā€™s an embarrassment. Itā€™s almost as bad as Taiwan News.

1 Like

And itā€™s a photo finish.

2 Likes

Suicide rate for mid life Caucasian male is way up within the past decade mostly due to economics and relationship issues. Iā€™ve seen my share of patients committing suicide in the past despite referring them to psychiatrists and putting them on antidepressant drugs. Most despair and depressed patients are fixated on failing marriages, love hate relationship with wife and kidsā€¦

Happiness is something one must find by himself. One must not rely on someone else for oneā€™s happiness. Pleasing a spouse, parents, kids to gain happiness is no way to live. Some people cannot say no and tries to please everyone around them to gain approval and popularity. Often the depressed individual has trouble taking criticism and tries too hard to be well liked by others. Selfish people who put priority on themselves and care little about othersā€™ feelings are often the happiest people I met.

There is no 100% life , marriage, spouse, parents, or children. Everyone has flaws. Losing the battle s and winning the war ainā€™t bad. Gain some and lose some. No one can attain the perfect life. The wise will focus on the good and overlook the bad to find beauty in every soul. Life is short. Live it up.

The Truth about Male Suicide

Middle-aged white people are dying due to economic despair, study finds

1 Like

Where Iā€™m from a lot of younger adults killed themselves especially in the countryside .As their friends moved away they felt isolated and some of them got into debt during a huge recession . Common story would be to drive into a pole or wall and it wouldnt officially be classed as suicide. I wouldnā€™t just say itā€™s middle aged men. Also I heard itā€™s mostly the elderly that get depressed which I saw with my own grandmother. Hard not to be depressed when your friends are all dead.

The percentage risk of death by suicide is tiny. Itā€™s not worth worrying about.

Crossing the road. Thatā€™s worth worrying about.

1 Like

Well depression and thoughts of self harm doesnā€™t discriminate by age I think we can all agree on that. Iā€™m see a lot of young adult males in their 20s commit suicide and battle depression and drug and alcohol abuse. I think itā€™s heavily contributed by a poor job market and difficulties in financial stability and ridiculous housing and rent prices. Most of them canā€™t even make enough to move out their parents. Which also makes the dating pool limited.

1 Like

No shit, man

Shiny!
Moving!
Mustā€¦bite!!

Iā€™d say that he was trying whip up some of that old chefā€™s special sauce but Carradine style to add extra piquancy.