Anti-Beijing Olympics 2008 Campaign

Hi all.

I’ve got a long list of Anti- Beijing Olympics 2008 campaigns for various groups (and are working with them actually) from Tibetans, Uyghurs, Animal Rights, etc etc etc.

Plus as officer in various organizations we are all executing our plans in May.

If anyone wants to join up or offer suggestions, please send me an PM.

Of course all post-replies are welcome. But if you have a really great idea, its not worth it for the Pro-China elements here to hear about it.

Thanks in advance.

Your PM mailbox is probably being hacked into as we speak…

Trust No-One.

Good Luck.

[quote=“urodacus”]Your PM mailbox is probably being hacked into as we speak…

Trust No-One.

Good Luck.[/quote]

I learned a lot about computer security during undergrad so, I should be fine with my incredibly long alpha+case passwords. So its all dependent on Forumosa’s security and that of their host.

You’re assuming that no one on F.com is on Hu Jintao’s payroll. Ever wonder how admin can afford to drive around Taipei in Bentleys? :smiley:

How come the people who wish to boycott the Olympic are never the athletes themselves? A lifetime of training gone to waste for a political message for those that have never even bother to make the sacrifices these athletes have made.

Selfish TI supporters and their leaders.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]How come the people who wish to boycott the Olympic are never the athletes themselves? A lifetime of training gone to waste for a political message for those that have never even bother to make the sacrifices these athletes have made.

Selfish TI supporters and their leaders.[/quote]

That’s true, a/c. It’s not without a certain amount of irony that some people will continue to churn out empty slogan without fail, confirming their aberration for distorted imagination. If only they learn to be learned positively, their contribution will manifest itself towards the truest well being of ROC.

Pretty absurd suggestion…when will these self-righteous “activists” realize the world does not revolve around them?

In 1980. it was not the athletes who boycotted the Moscow Olympics.

In 1936, it was not the athletes who boycotted the Berlin Olympics.

Athletes are, on the whole, not terribly political people. Neither are musicians. Athletes are recognizant of the limitations of the human body and realize that at 20 to 24 they have their one chance at physical perfection in sports competition, and their body will never have that chance again. So in the pursuit of egotistical physical glory, some choose to ignore politics. Is this surprising? No. If I or you were in their shoes, most of us would be very annoyed with idiotic politics interfering with our personal ambitions, our personal moment of glory.

But is that to say that just because of that, politics don’t matter? Jesse Owens was a great man for showing up the myth of the Nazi “master race” and defeating them in the Olympics.

When will China realize that the world does not revolve around them? What does China have to offer the world beyond its huge size? Nothing. Japanese and Indian civilization have always been superior - everybody recognizes that. The only thing that China has ever offered in the past 2,000 years is that “Hey, we’re China, and we got a lot of people!” List one single innovation that China has made since the Ming Dynasty. Go on, I double, triple dare ya.

They’re the best at burning and destroying history. Isn’t there an innovation there somewhere? I mean they’re also fantastic at churning out drones. You know, people who spend all their time, like 18 hours a day posting on Taiwan forums. Trolling and often attacking people personally.

Its not surprising how these people, with a distaste for democracy and a lack of respect, will tell others to not express their opinions simply because they disagree. Despite, little do they realize that their actions are one of the main reasons why there are anti-KMT and anti-PRC elements out there. We’ve been watching them act like thugs, which only encourages us to speak out more.

Ah that explains why Forumosa is blood red and that your login is MaoMan! It also explains why half the fine ladies on Formosa Friends speak with a Beijing twang and that despite how many times AC manages to get suspended he always comes back for more (can I write that?).

Well one thing is for sure, the KMT have already been purchased.

But it can work the other-way as well. AC Dropout could be the greatest manufacturer of Pro-Taiwan activists that the internet has seen. I’m not exaggerating when I’ve met at least half a dozen people who were so “astounded” by AC’s posts here and there that they’ve decided to join a few protests.

That’s because he showed up. He didn’t stay at home whining about the Nazis and asking for sympathy; he went, did his best, and showed them up.

I am really worried for Taiwan during the Beijing Olympics. It seems that Beijing will definitely use this as an opportunity to humiliate Taiwan again. Does anyone else think Taiwan should boycott these Olympics? I just wonder if Taiwan can do more harm to China’s claim that Taiwan is part of China by actually showing up. I doubt these games can help bring Taiwan and China closer together in the true spirit of the Olympics, it can only harm the relationship. However, if Taiwan does go, and China does something to humiliate Taiwan, it could make China bad not only to the international community, but also to the very open eyes of millions of Taiwanese. If China was smart they would greet Taiwan’s athletes like they do when Lien Chan goes to China, remember “YeYe, ni hui lai le!” Hahahahaha…but then Lien Chan is happy with Taiwan losing its sovereignty to China as long as he goes down in history as the broker. Doesn’t he have a US passport anyway? What does he care? He is super rich.

Hobart, rich people only want to get richer… so as Lien Chan milky cow in Taiwan is old and her milk is starting to be too small for is taste, he is trying to get another milky cow in China…

Only if the Taiwanese Athletes decide to show up showing the Taiwan/ROC flag there will be problems… and don’t worry, the cops and secret services over there will make sure that the Taiwanese athletes won’t even carry them around (which will mean check outs every 10m or so…) - I can imagine them being treated worse than terrorists, in order to maintain “public peace” (or, shall we say, obedient enforced silence).

Hey Mr. Boogie, I am afraid that China will not be satisfied unless they embarass Taiwan. At other international events even when Taiwan has kept its head bowed and followed the protocol dictated to it, the China still tries to push things further by not referring to Taiwan’s representive both in writing and verbally the way all nations had previously agreed upon. I think they will try to alter the status quo on again and not refer to Taiwan as Chinese Taipei. The papers already alluded to this as in China they are referring to Taiwan’s team as China Taipei.

ac, you used to be amusing. shrimp, i’ll pm you about the anti-beijing olympics stuff. just got another convert via ac (still love ya, ace).

v,

When you lend your effort in promoting an ROC boycott of the 2008 Olympics. Remember there a lot of starry eye kids that have dreams of a gold medal, and ROC prize money. TI is a lost cause that can never happen in our lifetimes. These kids can and will bring home the gold for ROC if given the chance. I’ve met them and I believe in them.

I really wish TI supporters would meet member to the ROC TKD team to see if it is worth it to squash their dreams. God knows these ROC citizens will never forgive TI if you robbed them of their chance at a medal.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]v,

When you lend your effort in promoting an ROC boycott of the 2008 Olympics. Remember there a lot of starry eye kids that have dreams of a gold medal, and ROC prize money. TI is a lost cause that can never happen in our lifetimes. These kids can and will bring home the gold for ROC if given the chance. I’ve met them and I believe in them.

I really wish TI supporters would meet member to the ROC TKD team to see if it is worth it to squash their dreams. God knows these ROC citizens will never forgive TI if you robbed them of their chance at a medal.[/quote]
Oh right, in the name of loving the TKD team we should give up sovereignty. What other fine insults towards our intelligence is AC going to come up with next? The TKD team are free to do whatever they want. They can even compete for another country if they wanted to, there are plenty out there willing to take them.

Secondly this is not a boycott and nowhere does it say that, this is a campaign to spread attention to China’s wrongs while the world is spotlighting China. China will have difficulty evading negative publicity while it tries hard to generate positive ones.

The Olympics confer sovereignty? Come again.

You forgot to mention the FLG…

but then again, if the OIC wouldn’t give the games to China, they would make their own Pwnlympic games, use everything the same as the original ones, and pay royalties to no one - this way the OIC can see some 10% of the money they got from Sydney or Athens…

And now, for something completely different:

http://www.japanprobe.com/?p=1678

they can do whatever they want, even copy god-damn Disneyland - and this is a STATE-OWNED park, not something opened while they where taking a nap…

Hi,

Remember that incident a while ago with the Chinese swimmer trying to snatch the flag off the Taiwanese competitor on the podium?

Just wondering if seeing something like that broadcasted worldwide would be worth it - might generate some sympathy for Taiwan.

International newspapers would soak up the contraversy for sure.

Regards
Michael G

which international chain would show that, fearing what China could do next?