Anti-Corruption Democracy Square...or circle

[quote]http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/05/22/asia/AS-POL-Taiwan-Politics.php

Taiwan’s capital has renamed a large plaza in front of the presidential palace “Anti-Corruption Democracy Square” to commemorate weeks of popular demonstrations against President Chen Shui-bian late last year, the city’s mayor said Tuesday.[/quote]
I guess the KMT are taking one from the DPP playbooks now. Declare victory before the other side has a chance to do anything.

So when are the screens going to be put up in front of the presidential palace until CSB leaves office… :laughing:

Thats what we want.

Yes, let us start by cleaning up the Mayor’s office…

Sure,after you cleaned the Wu shu zhen’s house and jewelry. :smiley:

hope you are not being literal on the cleaning…

and, which part of the jewellery are you talking about? The Tiffany ring? Ma still had 10M more pocketed than Wu… and he doesn’t have “state affairs”. Maybe the money went to pay the elections in Sta Lucia…

You always have dumb and dumber …

AC,

Let me ask you this, KMT main issue with the renaming of the memorial was that it was a waste of tax payers money, that it would cost money to create new signs etc.

Then they go and propose renaming something themselves, would you say this is hypocritical?

If not, why?

On a side note, I read that there was a plan to upgrade all the signage in Taipei in a few months, that money has already been budgeted, so the original point of wasting money to redo signs is kinda moot isn’t it?

Could you explain this chain of contradictions to me?

Regards
Michael G

because the CKS memorial hall station names are painted in gold, or did you miss that? It costs a bazillion a letter…

AC,

Let me ask you this, KMT main issue with the renaming of the memorial was that it was a waste of tax payers money, that it would cost money to create new signs etc.

Then they go and propose renaming something themselves, would you say this is hypocritical?

If not, why?

On a side note, I read that there was a plan to upgrade all the signage in Taipei in a few months, that money has already been budgeted, so the original point of wasting money to redo signs is kinda moot isn’t it?

Could you explain this chain of contradictions to me?

Regards
Michael G[/quote]
What contradiction, the KMT is adapting their politics to be more effective than DPP. The KMT is just illustrating that it can play the name change shell game even more effectively than the DPP. Just be glad the KMT haven’t gone taking down CSB portraits and sending back to Tainan in peices yet.

It has already demonstrated that the DPP is not as progressive as it claims to be.

Not to mention from an economic stand point. A few tin street signs are a lot cheap then customed carved stone.

If the DPP want to escalate these shell games to the point of an actual civil war, I’m sure the KMT is ready, it is not like they haven’t done it before.

Sorry AC, I know too many angles there, let me break it down further.

How can the KMT condem the DDP for changing the name of the memorial, on the basis it is a waste of money, then implement the same strategy by naming something themselves.

Wouldn’t KMT’s naming efforts then imply renaming things is not a waste of money?

Or they agree it is a waste of money, and feel wasting money is should not be limited to the DDP?

Regards
Michael

They could always used the gold to pay for a brass name plate?

Michael G

mkegruber,

I believe the 5000 USD fine to the MOE will be ample enough to pay for the changes the KMT implemented.
The KMT is very frugal in terms of using money.

Unlike the DPP who are not very well trained in being fiscal conservatives. Just look at their parades and go-no-where initiatives.

Compared to the effort to change a name of landmark and custom signs. A couple of street signs are quite cost effective. Not to mention gives the impression that the KMT is not a push over party anymore. This political move will pay in dividends.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]I believe the 5000 USD fine to the MOE will be ample enough to pay for the changes the KMT implemented.
The KMT is very frugal in terms of using money.

Unlike the DPP who are not very well trained in being fiscal conservatives. Just look at their parades and go-no-where initiatives.

Compared to the effort to change a name of landmark and custom signs. A couple of street signs are quite cost effective. Not to mention gives the impression that the KMT is not a push over party anymore. This political move will pay in dividends.[/quote]

Let me see if I understand you point here…

MOE uses budget (tax payers money) to implement name change.
Mayor office, issues fine to MOE
MOE must then reallocate budget to pay fine
Mayor office, uses fine money to cover own name change costs.

So the net result is that the Mayor office redistribute budget funds from MOE to Mayor office by means of a fine during a time when the KMT have frozen the budget of the Government.

So does this imply that the KMT are creating fines to manage the keep liquid the budgets of pan-blue departments while the budgets are frozen by the pan blues in the govenment?

So does this mean that the pan-blues are focusing on what they can do for themselves, rather that what the budgets can do for the people?

In another post you mentioned that the KMT is the “only party on Taiwan in tune with the needs of the people.”

As you said,

What dividends do you mean? What dividends will the voters be getting from the KMT initiative?

Regards
Michael G

mkegruber,

The KMT is the party for all people on Taiwan, unlike some parties on the Taiwan that only caters to identity politics and their constituents.

Dividends in the sense the the KMT has truly turned over a new leaf about the being a Status Quo party and an anti-corruption party.

It is a drastic shift in paradigm that might take the non-progressive parties on Taiwan some time to get use to.

A true people’s party that actually listens to the polling results, instead of the party that leads in circles on important matters.

AC,

Just a simple yes or no beside each point will be fine as a response…

Will the KMT…

• return the stolen assets
  • allow a WHO referendum
  • drop the CEC bill
  • relase the ARMS bill
  • drop the Farmers and Fisherman Association bills
  • release the budget bill
  • reinstate their black goal policy
  • drop the idea of altering the charter relating to convictions
  • drop the audit bill related to special funds

Regards
Michael G

mkegruber,

The KMT have no intention of reducing their chances in reclaiming the presidential palace in 2008. With their renew position of being a party of the people in Taiwan, I’m sure the results of those various issues you brought up will be resolved in a satisfactory fashion for all.

Acey, that to me is a contradiction

• they are doing everything in their power to get themselves voted in
  • and policies for the public are second

Wouldn’t it make more sense that if their policy platform was “people” orientated in the first place, then the people would like what they see and vote for them?

What you imply is that the KMT are worrying about themselves first and will attend to the people’s needs later.

Since they have the majority in the LY why not be the “party of the people” now?

Regards
Michael G

mkegruber,

It is a product of the democracy implemented in Taiwan, the KMT takes credit for, and unfortunately abused by the DPP.

Ok, the KMT may take credit for democracy in Taiwan, but doesn’t the list below imply they abuse it?

• return the stolen assets
  • allow a WHO referendum
  • drop the CEC bill
  • relase the ARMS bill
  • drop the Farmers and Fisherman Association bills
  • release the budget bill
  • reinstate their black goal policy
  • drop the idea of altering the charter relating to convictions
  • drop the audit bill related to special funds

I mean, with their majority in the LY they get to block the bills they want don’t they all in the name of democracy.

Maybe to the KMT, getting elected twice in a row is tantamount to abuse?

Regards
Michael G

I think it illustrates the KMT respects the democratic process when working with a party not as experience or as progressive as the KMT in Taiwan.