Antifungal Laundry Detergent

saw a dermotologist, been having problems with sweat rash. doc said it’s caused by fungus, gave me some special cream/soap for it. said that the fungus can live on clothes and I should probably get some new threads. anyway, I’m not ready to do that so wondering if there are any brands of laundry detergent here that are antifungal and can take care of the fungus living on clothes.

Not sure about detergents sorry. But i add baking soda to my clothes, it helps. If working in really humid hot conditions i still get the same as you. Got their creams and that. But webt to a few plastic surgery doctor types over the years (they tend to lead skin care in hospitals) and they also said that skin cell damage can lead to far greater occurance. Having grown mushrooms for years i can see that. The solution is dont damage your skin. When i feel dirty after work i scrub harder which turned out to actually be dmaging the outer skin layer more leading to more infection. They also mentioned dont use relly hot water during showers for same reason.

Now i shower “cold” in summers and dont scrub hard. Have not had a repeat problem in 4 years.

I’m allergic to everything so I use color-free fragrance-free detergent from costco. Since most of us don’t have a hot water washer, I also add a tiny bit Persil color safe bleach to kill any germs. I have a crappy 110v dryer so I hang them to almost dry and then toast the clothes. If I didn’t have a dryer, I’d definitely dry them over a dehumidifier if there isn’t any sunshine.

I notice while scooting around town that almost everyone seems to have some kind of bug bites on their legs. I wonder if it is because of the laundry methods. Some people smell musty like their clothing has molded before it dried.

One of my friends from South Africa boils her whites in a giant pot on the stove. I’m not that OCD yet. :slight_smile:

Tea tree oil is a good natural antifungal if you can stand the scent. Smells good to me but some people think it smells too strong.

Most commercial detergents commonly found in the supermarket have antifungal and anti mite components. I would also look into the storage areas, get some Lysol and dessecants. In the South Asian stores you can also find plenty of anti fungal products, like soap for you -not your clothes- talc, etc. Please note shoes socks are the most vulnerable areas.

Mosquito bites just take longer to fade away on certain Asian people. We are more prone to post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. So we get bit a few times here and there and eventually all the bites stack up over time and we’re left with lots of brown spots that take forever to disappear.

1 Like

I didn’t know that. All this time, I’m wondering what’s biting people here that causes those marks.

I think it’s quite common in black people, as well. Basically anybody with a smidge more melanin, cuz it’s the melanin that gets overactive.

I’ve had a fungal skin infection caused by heat and moisture.

The doc told me “just use a hair dryer on cool or warm setting, not hot, and gently dry the rash after you bathe. And keep it dry.” This really works for me, give it a try.

Some people here recommended using Persil bleach.

Started using this Persil product a couple of months ago. Seems really useful. Researched before using and it does not appear to be bleach. Just add a capful to any load of wash during rinse cycle.

20191009_122652

2 Likes

That explains why the gentlemen in the hot springs use the hairdryers to dry their pubic hair.

Sort of following up on rooftopclown: so is this why people in the swimming pool changing room use the hairdryers more for their feet than their hair? Is this just one of those things “everyone does” here, like drinking warm water?

I solve the problem by ensuring a tissue or business card is left in the pocket of an item being washed . This means a “ double “ wash is needed :pensive:. Sadly , this also seems to dissolve single socks in the process .

3 Likes

That’s what I use.

hight heat rinse cycles and high temperature gas dryer does the trick. Many Taiwanese hang dry their clothing which takes forever. High humidity and damp clothes are breeding ground for fungus and dust mites.

Is there a difference between peril, clorox and that local brand of bleach? Curious why peril brand specifically?

Because it’s not bleach? I assume Persil employs chemical engineers who’ve come up with something very bad for fungi but not terrible for clothing (like bleach).

1 Like

I add a small amount of persil to the wash along with fragrance and color free laundry soap. I bet a small amount of colorsafe bleach would be effective as persil.
Another thought would be to find a coin laundry for the dryer.

Oh sorry. Thought i read above it was bleach. My bad.

Ya, it is unique and good.