Antivax/COVID-denial graffiti on the wenshan riverside

I’ve been biking past here regularly for over a year, watching the back-and-forth between this relentless COVID conspiracy evandalist and local graffiti artists. These are the two most recent photos.

Not trying to expose them or anything, just curious if anybody knows what the deal is.

Every time the graffiti wall gets reset, the antivaxxer/COVID-denier is there.

1 Like

The fact this joker writes that “Jesus is lord” right next to describing Omicron as “moronic” tells you all you need to know. Probably some rogue Mormon who has nothing better to do now that his chapter abandoned him here.

4 Likes

I’ve also seen some a bit further up towards Gongguan, although we might be talking about the same place. These are from last summer:

I’m not 100% sure those are the same people, or even that all of the anti-COVID stuff is a single person. The e’s, s’s, r’s, and m’s look a bit different to me.

1 Like

I’ve been assuming one person. Same writing and messages. But I guess it doesn’t have to be. (I’ve never seen them use Chinese, like in your photo. +10 for whoever responded with 他説要打疫苗 :laughing: )

There are three places I’ve seen that they leave these messages: smaller spots at Gongguan and the Jingmei bridge, and the designated graffiti wall in between. I’ve been taking photos the whole time – kind of fun to document the escalation between whoever this is and the artists. Interestingly, the artists usually don’t mess with the “Jesus is Lord” part (thought one person did ask “What does He think of liars?” and another said Christians are dumb and should meet their maker sooner), but they’d turn the letters of the other statements into pictures, or just scribble over them, or one time they went full comment thread on it and argued.

1 Like

I’m not 100% sure those are the same people, or even that all of the anti-COVID stuff is a single person. The e’s, s’s, r’s, and m’s look a bit different to me.

I guess it could be different people writing the same messages. Usually the ones I see are always in the same blue colour.

“When 'll free to Breath?” is painful to read but at least the image has some artistic quality.
:unamused:

2 Likes

“When 'll free to Breath?” is painful to read but at least the image has some artistic quality.

Yeah, but I don’t think that’s our guy. Never got the sense that they actually ever made any art.

Finally the “When 'll free to Breath?” got wiped out. (Near JingMei)

2 Likes

Nice! The Molotov cocktail with “平安” on it is quite the conversation starter.

1 Like