Any 80s people?

Some bigger bands that existed pre-80’s had some ‘interesting’ albums out during the 80’s. I still dig The Rolling Stones - Undercover album for it’s title track and Too Much Blood. Being in junior high at the time, Van Halen - 1984 was big. Yes - 90125 was quite a bit different from their earlier stuff. Rush - Grace Under Pressure is awesome. Deep Purple - Perfect Strangers had a few gems on it too.
I’ve probably missed many others of note.

The 80’s also featured the earliest incarnations of Soundgarden, Bad Religion, and come on…Black Flag!

Let’s not forget ABBA; although thought of as a 70s band, they did - in my humble opinion - their best work in the early eighties. In 1980 they released Super Trouper (which has the lovely “The winner takes it all”) and in 1981 they brought out “The Visitors” album, a very mature work and much under-appreciated. If you want to listen to their tunes, youtube.com is your best bet - lots of good ABBA stuff.

I’d like to forget Abba.

Mer wrote: [quote]I’d like to forget Abba.[/quote]
Why? :frowning:

Just can’t stand them. Not my cup of tea, that’s all. Just when I thought I had escaped having to listen to them at silly parties in Canada, while backpacking in Australia, every shit night club / bar spot we’d frequent would crank up the Abba. If I never hear another Abba song the rest of my life, that would be just fine. Sorry. I know, to each his own.

i always used to wonder if Abba were into foursomes or swapping or something. then again, i used to wonder if donnie and marie were doing incest. i have a really dirty mind.

get with the times n00b capital letters r teh suck lol1!! writing this way makes u sound uber 1337 more smartzorz lol!!1[/quote]

Okay, where is the internet tranlslator thingy website? :laughing: