Any Car Alarm Remote Disasters? Damaged or bad battery

So there you are. You locked your car. You are up in a mountain village. Your car alarm built in key remote got drenched in a downpour or fell into a puddle. The car will not respond. You could still open the car and in theory, start it with the key.
What would or did you do? We have roadside assistance with our insurance policy. I guess I could use that, but I’d have to open the car to get the phone numbers and membership information off of it. (Here’s an idea… get the numbers off now dummy and put them on your cloud note system).

I have a set of keys. The wife has a set of keys. Maybe I should have one more made and put into one of the secret compartments my car has in case of an emergency. I could use the backup key to cancel the alarm.
On the preventative side, how often do you change the battery of your built in key alarm remote.

I washed a set of range rover keys in the washing machine. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t. Sometimes it take a min of pushing open or close for it to work.

Pretty much every alarm has a defeat button under the dash, used in conjunction with the key in the ignition. Or a sequence to disable (for example some cars you simply have to insert the key in the door and unlock)

Every alarm remote that I’ve seen get wet can be taken apart and dried and work fine. It’s only if you leave the battery in and leave it wet for a while that the electricity from the battery causes corrosion.

I always keep a spare metal key inside the car, in a super emergency situation I can break in and use it. Actually I’ve been keeping it in my wallet come to think of it

I accidentally activated the remote starter on a hired scooter once, Buttons were in Chinese, Had to walk to the nearest 7-11 and find someone to explain how to use it.

In the mountains I’d have been strongly tempted to push the sodding thing off a cliff,

Remote starting on a scooter?

For scootering Mafia Dons afraid of the ride being wired for bamgs.

Niche marketing

I always keep spare money in my wallet. In a super emergency situation I can break in and use it.

Actually I cannae mind when that’s ever happened, ye ken.