Any female users on here?

Females users who still post here. I feel like the only female user on this forum since most of the people here are men who 25+ or even old like my dad.

13 Likes

Females users who still post here. I feel like the only female user on this forum since most of the people here are men who 25+ or even old like my dad.

12 Likes

Itā€™s been my experience too, lots of very old people on forums (beside this one). My guess is younger people have a completely different avenue of communication.

1 Like

I think we can count us womenfolk here with one handā€¦

And yes, most men here are on the mature sideā€¦ age wise.

And Andrew is right. Forums precede Facebook groups, where the young ones may be found.

10 Likes

This forum is for old people. The kind that can still recall the good times had at TU and use the term ā€˜Warner Villageā€™

4 Likes

A quick perusal of the threads either complaining about/extolling the virtues of TW women could give some keen insights into why there arenā€™t many female posters around.

8 Likes

Theyā€™re scared off by smelly old horrid white men.

5 Likes

Hey I resemble that

2 Likes

Women donā€™t want to talk to random people on forums.

1 Like

ā€¦ while men seem to think arguing is a fun sport.

With strangers on the internet, even better!

6 Likes

I identify as lesbian sometimes.

4 Likes

Iā€™m a woman! But I agree we are a minority on this site

12 Likes

Forums are not trendy.

Lots of women on Facebook Taiwan foreigner related groups. But not much discussion, useful information, or historical information. Mostly just repetitive questions, somewhat uninformed inexperienced answers, and other people making unrelated comments.

7 Likes

Or your grandad?

1 Like

I doubt many young people use message forums that is almost like still using a Yahoo Chat Room. Although Yahoo chat was fun while it lasted.
There was a teenager a while back who came on here complaining about his parents and what he should do and a few other daring ones, but just once in a while. I think we have had the children of regular users on here too once in a while. Along with would be English teachers trying to weed out "bad"Cram schools before signing contracts.

that is forumosa.

11 Likes

I donā€™t post a lot, but Iā€™m female and Iā€™m here!

13 Likes

Iā€™d consider myself a female, but in the ā€œmumā€ age bracket.

10 Likes

Iā€™m a gal. I have no great answers about why there arenā€™t more women on Forumosa. other than whatā€™s already been stated above.

Maybe most women are too busy to write using this format? Or, when they finally do have free time, they prefer to be on a more supportive chat (eg: Reddit, Facebook), with people they personally know (Facebook), or a social media site that is more immediately gratifying (Insta, snapchat) ?

It is not like there are a lot of people posting on this forum, period (although Iā€™m sure there are more people that are reading than are posting). It seems to be only a subset of people that post here. You have to like discussion, arguing and making your point, being open to different ideas, and have a decent sense of humor. (Sorry, i totally lack in the last department, my comic timing is horrible and that prevents me from posting more here. :sweat_smile:)

But anyway, Iā€™ve used up my free 10 minutes to type this out, and the breakfast table is still a mess and I gotta get my family out of the house. :running_woman: I like your posts though @Hapadoge , please keep on asking the good questions!

16 Likes

Hi, :wave:Iā€™m female and post sometimes if got spare time.

13 Likes