Any good Bittorent sites for legally downloading Taiwan TV?

Are there any good Bittorrent sites for legally downloading Taiwanese TV programs?
(anything and everything… :slight_smile: )

Thanks in advance for any replies! :slight_smile:

I seriously doubt there are any sites to ‘legally’ download Taiwanese tv shows using bittorrent. Maybe you should try looking at tv companies’ websites. Some of them probably stream certain programmes over the net. Searching through Google I found, from China, cctv.com/default.shtml which has streams from their news content and also links to other shows. I’m sure Taiwanese tv companies are doing similar things.

[quote=“creamypanda”]Are there any good Bittorrent sites for legally downloading Taiwanese TV programs?
[/quote]

Taiwanese TV is complete shit.
Why on earth would you even consider doing that?
Are you a masochist??

[quote=“Infidel”][quote=“creamypanda”]Are there any good Bittorrent sites for legally downloading Taiwanese TV programs?
[/quote]

Are you a masochist??[/quote]

One souvenir I want is at least 8 hours of the “Taipei Home Dreamer” Real Estate channel and some home shopping featuring ghastly ‘goldique’ jewellry and B&D underwear. So bad it is fascinating.

[quote=“llama_lout”][quote=“Infidel”][quote=“creamypanda”]Are there any good Bittorrent sites for legally downloading Taiwanese TV programs?
[/quote]

Are you a masochist??[/quote]

One souvenir I want is at least 8 hours of the “Taipei Home Dreamer” Real Estate channel and some home shopping featuring ghastly ‘goldique’ jewellry and B&D underwear. So bad it is fascinating.[/quote]

So thats a yes to the “Are you a masochist??” question. :loco:

First Torrentspy went down, now my beloved Piratebay is being sunk.
It’s a dark, dark time for the Torrent world indeed. :frowning:

Well, The Pirate Bay is sort of online again - as The Police Bay. :s

I know GoodTV (Christian TV?) has an internet stream but I can’t imagine anyone wanting to watch that. The only reason I know is because I checked out a little TV Frontend application called tv.exe which basically just linked to lots of international tv streams.

I too wouldn’t mind having a few snippets of the bad tv to view back home. Sick, I know, but entertaining viewing anyway.

mediahopper.com/portal.htm lists lots of channels from around the world that stream content. I’m assuming it’s legal because every link is to the original tv show’s website.

There are some for Taiwan, but the links aren’t all working. I managed to watch some religious programmes and one show where two contestants play ‘paper, scissors, stone’ and the winner throws a bucket of water over the loser’s head. Classic tv! Can’t wait for the British and American versions. :slight_smile:

I have a couple of videotapes (VHS) from years ago (probably turned to dust by now) of the old “A-Team” shown in Taiwan in 1984…is that better than Home Shopping?? :smiley: The Love Boat used to be HUUUUGE then too.

If you’re going back to the States or Canada, you can get Taiwanese TV via satellite (also TV from the PRC, which I chose for the standardness [and non-standardness at times] of the accent and the fact that more channels were offered). I probably watch more Chinese-language TV now than when I was in Taiwan. I’ve also bought myself a “personal video recorder” which is the single greatest thing for language study since sliced bread. I just record off the satellite on the video output, but you could record from any video source, DVD, etc.

These are streaming not downloadable via bittorrent.

http://www.webs-tv.com.tw
http://www.im.tv
http://www.hichannel.hinet.net

There are lots of others.