Any good budget hotels in Taipei?

My sister and brother-in-law are coming to visit between March 19 and 31. They are looking for an affordable/budget (say NT$2 000 - 3 000 per day) hotel in Taipei, preferrably in central Taipei.
The only real budget places I know are in Panchiao and Yung He - does anybody have any suggestions? Searches on the Web just show the really expensive hotels (Westin, Hyatt, Brother etc.).
Surely there must be more affordable options around?

The Feeling Hotel in Tienmu is nice. But it’s not in central Taipei.

wcities.com/en/record/,12893 … ecord.html

I just found a sa-weet deal on a hotel right above Luxy on Zhongshiao and Dunhua. It’s like a motel but tres cheap so for that area, it’s damn decent.

They are on the 13th floor of Zhongshiao E Road Sec 4 #197. Tel: 02.2773.5177.

For 2,000

Two words: “Lonely Planet”.

1000NT a day will get you a love hotel.

For 2000NT I recommend a hotel called Friends next to the Guting MRT Station (next to the Daiichi and 3C electronics stores). I haven’t stayed there, but checked it out and it seems nice. Guting MRT is convenient.

Brian

Do they have their hearts set on staying in a hotel? There are other options. These include staying at a hostel, or staying for free at someone’s house through GlobalFreeloaders.com.

What are their budget and comfort level? What are their expectations? Do they not wish to stay with you?

[quote=“914”]I just found a sa-weet deal on a hotel right above Luxy on Zhongshiao and Dunhua. It’s like a motel but tres cheap so for that area, it’s damn decent.

They are on the 13th floor of Zhongshiao E Road Sec 4 #197. Tel: 02.2773.5177.[/quote]

914, how exactly did you find out about that hotel above Luxy?? :wink:

I second Bu Lai En’s recommendation for the Friends Hotel near Guting MRT. Some friends of mine stayed there once and they were very pleased. It’s located on Heping W. Rd, in between Roosevelt Rd and Nanchang Rd. I think I have their number somewhere, but I can’t find it now. I’ll try to find it later and add it to my post!