Any good doctors around?

That gives a damm and not just shove a pill and tell you to screw off? Like if I want to know if I got some weird cancer stuff that could kill in a few months if untreated, but don’t know where to look, then who do I go to? Any good ones in Taipei area?

For those doing military sentence (funny I call it that… cause it felt like a prison sentence), FORGET military hospitals for anything serious… they are usually those types.

That’s because MO’s operate under the assumption the grunt has duties he’s trying to get of. During my service years those on sick parade were always referred to as the sick, lame, and lazy.

Check out the back page of the print version of Taiwanease.

No

No[/quote]

hardly helpful and far from true

i go to tai an (adventist) for anything and everything. level of care has always been good.

There’s a cancer hospital. It’s pretty modern, and the doctors are ok. Some are really good, but it’s luck of the draw unless you can get someone to recommend a particular doctor.

Their website (Chinese only) is www2.kfsyscc.org/

Call (02)2897-1177 to make an appointment.

No[/quote]

hardly helpful and far from true

i go to tai an (adventist) for anything and everything. level of care has always been good.[/quote]

Load of bullocks. I don’t know what backward 3rd world health care you’re used to, but they’ve misdiagnosed me every time and they don’t listen to me. What kind of moron doctor gives 2 days worth of antibiotics. Or a tube the size a lipbalm for a rash on the back.

Regardless, Adventist, is better than Taiwan’s other crappy hospitals. Also, most of the doctor’s can speak english (at least in the Emergency department) Oh, and some of the nurses are cuties.

maybe its yr attitude… aggressive and angry never works :slight_smile:

the street cnr clinics are husslers but tai an has treated me well from broken bones, ripped open legs, general malaise and most recently the birth of a child.

ps - i am australian, so yeah i am used to a backward hospital system

[quote=“AWOL”]maybe its yr attitude… aggressive and angry never works :slight_smile:

the street cnr clinics are husslers but tai an has treated me well from broken bones, ripped open legs, general malaise and most recently the birth of a child.

ps - i am australian, so yeah i am used to a backward hospital system[/quote]

I’m never angry or aggressive (to the Hospital staff). I learn’t long ago there is no point getting angry with people here.

I am surprised however that you find that the hospital system back home is backward, but then I’ve always had private health care. Glad to hear you were treated well with those issues. All of my issues I would guess are much more minor and things locals don’t tend to get so I guess I get blase treatment.

i have full private health care in oz as well… i just have had - luck maybe - here, so cant really complain. sorry to hear you havent had much luck here.

Well I do agree with you that Adventist is the best. You get in pretty fast if u go through emergency.

a tip for adventist - ask for english speaking overseas trained doctors… they will usually accomodate no problems with this request…

Tyc00n wrote [quote]You get in pretty fast if u go through emergency.[/quote]

Well, that is standard practice at most hospitals. Emergency has two functions:

1. emergency
  2. express - for normal complaints, but you are willing to pay a bit extra. You can turn up at emergency in Taiwan with a bad cold - i don’t do this - and they will not tell you to beat it.

Could you guys just answer the question?? I know alot of doctors suck in Taiwan but I just want to know which hospitals or doctors might be good in the taipei (preferably near Danshui). I didnt ask for bad experiences going to doctors. I got this bad skin rash from God knows what and the stuff they give me isnt working too well.

hehehe, they’re not too good with skin rashes in my experience. I believe at least 2 of us suggested Adventist.

Are you seeing a general GP or are you asking for a dermatologist. Or you could let GP Tyc00n diagnose for you.

Is your rash covering your back? Is it perhaps a heat rash?

I went to a clinic that says they are dermatologist… but who knows. I got a rash that started on my hands, then now it progressed onto my arm, and some on my legs and feet, and on my body (chest area) as well. Its like this…

I went to the clinic initially for a mosquito bite that turned into a pus sack and I was concerned it could get worse (like you know, bee hive whatever or 蜂窩性組織炎), so they drained the pus and stuff, then I took some antibiotics and only took it for a day, then like 3 days later the rash started. I dont know if its allergy to that antibiotic but the skin doctor denied it, saying if it’s antibiotic allergy then it would be all over and wouldnt take this long. So I don’t know what the hell it is…

I just got a rash from swimming in the river above Wulai. I went to Dr 蔡宗憲 Cai Chongxian at Wanfang hospital, he gave me some cortizone cream and anti-histimines and it’s clearing up nicely.

[quote=“rahimiiii”]I went to a clinic that says they are dermatologist… but who knows. I got a rash that started on my hands, then now it progressed onto my arm, and some on my legs and feet, and on my body (chest area) as well. Its like this…

I went to the clinic initially for a mosquito bite that turned into a pus sack and I was concerned it could get worse (like you know, bee hive whatever or 蜂窩性組織炎), so they drained the pus and stuff, then I took some antibiotics and only took it for a day, then like 3 days later the rash started. I dont know if its allergy to that antibiotic but the skin doctor denied it, saying if it’s antibiotic allergy then it would be all over and wouldnt take this long. So I don’t know what the hell it is…[/quote]

well its not a heat rash and its not excema. Although it seems very strange that u got it 3 days after you took the antibiotics. I’d say its could be related. Is it itchy or sore?

The picture looks a bit like the rash that I (and I think most people) got soon after getting to Taiwan. If so, it will come and go over the next couple of months and then be gone for good. I guess some kind of adjustment you body needs to make.

Anyway, I do know a good Infectious Diseases doctor in Taipei and Danshui Mackay Memorial. If you think you need it, you can PM me for his details.

I hear rumors off a guy from poland is with a Taiwanese girl and has arived here to study medicine.

I gues it could be hope for finding a good doctor some day.
I think the knowledge the doctors here have is ok, but they have just decoded to don’t care about anny oter thing than money.

I’m more than happy to drive to anny place in Taiwan if I can get treatment wthout becomeing a drug abuser by doing do or have a liver like Mr.Best.