Any Guesses At What Bush Will Do After Leaving Office?

I for one cannot think of anything he is capable of doing right. Anyone have any opinions on how he will resurface after leaving office or what he might apply himself (usefully) to?

BroonAsks

… collect the money from all the companies he gave preferential treatment …

Hang out in Crawford and stump for the occasional republican, and, of course, collect his retirement from my tax dollars. Let’s not forget that he’ll likely “write” a book.

I hope he’ll do his bit for multiculturalism/ diversity in the “new” Iraq by becoming a newsagent in Baghdad.

Become a tour guide for all the illegals he’s allowed into the country. Or a registered agent for the Mescan gubermint.

Find Bin Laden and toast their mutual success.

Yawn.

Titles for Bush’s White House memoirs would make an interesting thread.

“The Misunderestimator”

[quote=“Fox”]Titles for Bush’s White House memoirs would make an interesting thread.

“The Misunderestimator”[/quote]Fox -
I like it…but with one minor correction…

“The Misunderestimators”…:smiley:

Says he wants to do the speaking tour and make a bunch of money.
Again, says he wants to get money from people wanting to hear him speak.
Has he not heard himself? Rodney Dangerfield was more articulate.

[quote]Fox wrote:
Titles for Bush’s White House memoirs would make an interesting thread.

“The Misunderestimator”
Fox -
I like it…but with one minor correction…

“The Misunderestimators”…
[/quote]

Well of course:

“Getting It Right”

would make for another very richly nuanced title.

Well, assuming he actually does cut and run rather then Finishing The Job He Started, his first big task will be erecting the George W. Bush Presidential Liebury which, rumor has it, will be a mausoleum-like edifice roughly in the shape of a big rug out on the Texas plains somewhere. He’s hoping that after his death the entire history profession and all its practitioners will be entombed there with him as a tribute to his greatness – and also as a precaution – but he’s been told not to count on it.

Afterwards, there’s still a lot of brush to clear on the ranch which the soon-to-be ex-president has been itching to get at and clear away ever since this whole war on terror thing started.

Then there’s always Tony Blair. He’s out there yapping away somewhere like a stray dog, wondering what the point of his existence is. George Bush is said to be concerned Blair might one day end up having an existential meltdown and blurting everything out like that other Brit did in a Shakespeare play he saw once so that’s always a concern.

And who knows. One day justice might finally catch up with George himself and track him and his gang down for one final showdown. It could happen.

Spook -
Maybe he’ll work for Israel…you know…The Joooooos!

I think he’s awfully underestimated and will successfully continue to do what he’s always done - act like a shitty pimp.

He’ll continue to manipulate people into uncomfortable positions that leave them completely fucked, just like he did with the world in Iraq.

HG

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Spook -
Maybe he’ll work for Israel…you know…The Joooooos![/quote]

Well, that’s a good point. He could do a Habitat for Humanity stint in Lebanon and help them clear up some of our 1.2 million cluster bomblets they dropped there.

" IDF commander: We fired more than a million cluster bombs in Lebanon
By Meron Rappaport

“What we did was insane and monstrous, we covered entire towns in cluster bombs,” the head of an IDF rocket unit in Lebanon said regarding the use of cluster bombs and phosphorous shells during the war. . . . "
– Haaretz (haaretz.com/hasen/spages/761781.html)

Find the real killer for OJ.

Keep on sniffing that coke.

[quote=“spook”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]Spook -
Maybe he’ll work for Israel…you know…The Joooooos![/quote]

Well, that’s a good point. He could do a Habitat for Humanity stint in Lebanon and help them clear up some of our 1.2 million cluster bomblets they dropped there.

" IDF commander: We fired more than a million cluster bombs in Lebanon
By Meron Rappaport

“What we did was insane and monstrous, we covered entire towns in cluster bombs,” the head of an IDF rocket unit in Lebanon said regarding the use of cluster bombs and phosphorous shells during the war. . . . "
– Haaretz (haaretz.com/hasen/spages/761781.html)[/quote]Spook -
I said ‘Israel’…not the Lebanese…Israel…focus Spook…focus.

I am not an advocate of cluster-bombs being used in an urban environment. They were not designed for that application.

Teach English. There’s an opening in Kaosiung.

Bush has already spoken about his retirement plans:

[quote]Robert Draper, however, a former writer for Texas Monthly, spent hours with the president at the White House, getting Bush to open up on these subjects for an upcoming book, which Draper agreed to share with the New York Times. It led to an NYT piece today that is almost impossible to read without feeling incredibly frustrated.

On the subject of his life after the White House:

First, Mr. Bush said, "I'll give some speeches, just to replenish the ol' coffers." With assets that have been estimated as high as nearly $21 million, Mr. Bush added, "I don't know what my dad gets -- it's more than 50-75" thousand dollars a speech, and "Clinton's making a lot of money."

Then he said, "We'll have a nice place in Dallas," where he will be running what he called "a fantastic Freedom Institute" promoting democracy around the world. But he added, "I can just envision getting in the car, getting bored, going down to the ranch."[/quote]

talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/052123.php

Yeah, coz all that Freedom and Democracy shit gets boring real quick when you don’t even get to blow up some brown people.