Any healthy 30-45yo White male long term expat professionals here? Would appreciate some insight about why any would stay in taipei

Hes a Handsome White Buddha according to himself. The perfect catch. Why don’t hot local women(non professionals) in TW swoon over him??? Damnit whats wrong with TW!

3 Likes

<====Bangkok Manila ====>

3 Likes

I look Taiwanese but I identify as a 30-45yo white male long term expat professional. That’s the same thing right?

1 Like

@bluejasn it must annoy you this guy’s avatar has the same colored B as you.

1 Like

it does! :rofl:

1 Like

download%20(13)

Ronald McDonald’s wife?

1 Like

This put some very strange images in my head. Thank you!

Stop doing that, please. I need to get some work done today and it is awfully hard to focus with these images of bare bears romping around in the forest clearing between my ears.

There are said to be countless Buddhas and bodhisattvas. Sometimes they behave in counterintuitive or antinomian ways; we have to maintain pure perception.

I knew this was a test! I’m afraid I’ve failed it though. I’ll probably be reincarnated as a cow or something…

Or, indeed, he may be more up their alley. “Like a rat up a drainpipe”, as the vernacular has it.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure Ronald is gay.

Hey, I don’t judge…

In case White expats in taiwan don’t know, “ronald mcdonald” is used as a racial insult against White expats in some asian nations.

Doesn’t bother me. This “white expat” has been called worse.

ACTUALLY I AM THE ONLY BUDDHA. Possibly many AVATARS though…and of course the INFINITY of mini-ME generating this simulation. Sometimes I may seem to behave in ways “outside the SCRIPTURES”, yes…the map of SCRIPTURES only points toward the destination.

Pretty sure the real Buddha knows how to use (and how not to use) the Shift key.

Oh shut it, Ronald McBuddha.

1 Like

Funny you should post about this, as I’m planning to ensure that I leave before I’m 30.

Taiwan is a great place to be 23-29 (especially if this was before 2008), but not a great place to be in your 30s. Have a look around at white male you see here that’s between 30-45. 90% are married to 6-7s and work as a buxiban bro or have some ho-hum job that makes, at most, 75,000 NT a month.

If you’re got some experience and are in your 30s go to Hong Kong. Your career will hit the stratosphere. Plus, it’s such a phenomenal city, and we’ve only got a decade more to enjoy it before Peking shits it up.

1 Like