Any idea the approx.divorce rate is for mix marriages in TW?

:notworthy:

1 marriage, 1 divorce here so I am at 100%

make it 50% and holding

Do you mean mixed marriages?

Like between men and women?

I hear those mail-order bride things don’t last that long. Normally the 80-year-old fart dies after the first couple of years of being married to his 34-year-old bride.

Hope that helps.

[quote=“t.ukyo”]I hear those mail-order bride things don’t last that long. Normally the 80-year-old fart dies after the first couple of years of being married to his 34-year-old bride.

Hope that helps.[/quote]

I’m not dead yet!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I am [i]not[/i] 80 years old.

[quote=“t.ukyo”]I hear those mail-order bride things don’t last that long. Normally the 80-year-old fart dies after the first couple of years of being married to his 34-year-old bride.

Hope that helps.[/quote]

That can not be considered divorce.

I only know approx. 10-15 Taiwan-“Western” mixed marriages, and I only heard about 1 divorce.

Of around 50-75 marriages that involves family or friends of my own generation at home, I know about 5 that have gotten a divorce.

So, around 7-10% in both cases. Not too scary.

Getting interested in this, as my local princess and me have plenty of storms, but the sunshine gets rare. :blush:

Does it mean anything when she sends me a flight schedule by email ???

:laughing: :s

EDIT:

some info about divorce in TWN. Rates seem to go up to 25-30% now, not restricted to TWN-foreign marriages

international-divorce.com/d-taiwan.htm

EDIT2: Taipei times mentions much lower figures (but of 2002):

[quote]But some government officials and experts think the increase in cross-cultural marriages could be the most crucial contributing factor to the soaring divorce rate.[/quote] But they talk about TWN men with Vietnam wife and likewise here.

taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003063946