Any idea why Gogomedia or Digizon won't work?

My wife’s Taiwan’s home network - has Gogomedia connected with its own dynamic Hinet IP; ditto with Digizon (its own separate IP) as Hinet allows up to 8 IPs…

Anyway, they cannot connect to either when they’re at home using the serial IDs for the Gogomedia/Digizon, and yet when they (her and her bro) take their laptops and plug them on an external network such as their smartphones with data or at Starbucks, it works…

Anyone explain why it won’t work? Is it because it won’t ‘recurse’ as they’re all using the same DSL modem connection? How about changing DNS on their laptop to a third party’s instead of using Hinet’s…

My wife refuses to test the DNS theory (changing to third party) as she’s sick of trying different stuff with me over web cam… (no patience)…

[quote=“cestmoi”]My wife’s Taiwan’s home network - has Gogomedia connected with its own dynamic Hinet IP; ditto with Digizon (its own separate IP) as Hinet allows up to 8 IPs…

Anyway, they cannot connect to either when they’re at home using the serial IDs for the Gogomedia/Digizon, and yet when they (her and her bro) take their laptops and plug them on an external network such as their smartphones with data or at Starbucks, it works…

Anyone explain why it won’t work? Is it because it won’t ‘recurse’ as they’re all using the same DSL modem connection? How about changing DNS on their laptop to a third party’s instead of using Hinet’s…

My wife refuses to test the DNS theory (changing to third party) as she’s sick of trying different stuff with me over web cam… (no patience)…[/quote]

Hmmm My dizons work eitheron lan or on wan. However r u sure Hinet have given you 8 fixed IP’s? It’s usually one or 3 depedning on if you are using ppoe or a fixed IP account.

[quote="Satellite TV
Hmmm My dizons work eitheron lan or on wan. However r u sure Hinet have given you 8 fixed IP’s? It’s usually one or 3 depedning on if you are using ppoe or a fixed IP account.[/quote]

No, my wife’s family have the 10Mbps ADSL dynamic connection where I understand it allows up to 8 connections (ie. using same username and psw for hinet to log into the dsl modem).

They currently have Digizon connected with its own dynamic IP, Gogomedia with its own dynamic IP and it seems like Hinet will not ‘recursively’ connect to itself from the same DSL modem I suppose. She just plugs in her laptop, log in with the same Hinet username and psw as the Digizon and Gogomedia. (there is no router employed).

It works if she plugs in her laptop on an external network, but just not when she plugs inside their home.

OK what you have is a Dynamic PPOE. You can get one fixed IP for free with this. However you should setup a router. Then the routerr dials the modem into hinet. The router will have a lot of IP ranges so can hookup various computers at the same time. It’s actually better to run all your systems on separate static IP addresses in the router. You can assign port forwarding for each device.

I have the Sling, Digizon, and the HAVA all on the same router in my office in Taipei. I am now at home in Alishan.

The HAVA was at 1000kpbs, the Digizon 2200 kpbs and the Sling at 1450kpbs, and I was also downloading some other files as well. Another port on that router was also being used by my tech support on another stream.

The only thing is… it really got my home computers cooling was spinning hard. Have never had them work that hard before… running 3 simultanious streams is bound to tax any system.