Any ideas?

Yes indeed. However I’m sure there is more than enough things about life in Taiwan, and/or the moaning of Forumosans to hasten elimination from the excretory organs. Which by the way, is technically called giving one the shits.

HG[/quote]

Which, by the way, is much different than from what Hartzell is giving me, namely, the head shakes.

I believe that the correct terminology is called the Taiwan trots . . . .

I don’t know what Pinyin system you’re using. I’ve always seen it spelt “trawts” or “traughts”; “trots” would let everyone else in the world know what it means, which is against government policy.

Well I know that in certain areas of Central America it is known as the Guatemalan gallops . . . . . . . .

Well, I have heard of the Penghu Poops, the Dongpu Dribbles, and the Hsinju Spurts.

Hakka. S.

I’m suddenly more aware of that little message at the bottom (no pun intended) of your posts.

HG

It’s a way of life.

Just thought I would update everyone on my adventure. I followed everyones advice and went to the doctor in late August. I am only in my 20s. To my shock, they told me my White Blood Cell count was 16,000 and my liver enzymes were 10X higher than usual. :? I was very scared. I love my gin, but have never been a hard drinker. They did a bone marrow biopsy (ouch!) and a MRI scan to rule out Leukemia and othe cancers. Nothing came up, although my lymphocytes were slighly enlarged. They called my condition Atypical Lymphatic Hyperplasia.

Good news is that two months after the docs visit, my WBC count is back to 6000 in the normal range. All my symptoms have dissapeared. I will still track my blood every month or so. This has got to be one of the strangest things that has ever happened to me. It definitely has made me look at life in a different way. I have always lived life to its fullest (maybe too much), but I never realized how precious it is!!!

[quote=“Chewycorns”]Just thought I would update everyone on my adventure. I followed everyones advice and went to the doctor in late August. I am only in my 20s. To my shock, they told me my White Blood Cell count was 16,000 and my liver enzymes were 10X higher than usual. :? I was very scared. I love my gin, but have never been a hard drinker. They did a bone marrow biopsy (ouch!) and a MRI scan to rule out Leukemia and othe cancers. Nothing came up, although my lymphocytes were slighly enlarged. They called my condition Atypical Lymphatic Hyperplasia.

Good news is that two months after the docs visit, my WBC count is back to 6000 in the normal range. All my symptoms have dissapeared. I will still track my blood every month or so. This has got to be one of the strangest things that has ever happened to me. It definitely has made me look at life in a different way. I have always lived life to its fullest (maybe too much), but I never realized how precious it is!!![/quote]

Chewycorns, thanks for the update and good on you! Here’s to your health (I’m assuming the gin and tonics are on you!).

Nice outcome despite the travel down a right scary road.

Thanks for the follow up.

HG

Next time your body is trying to tell you something, go immediately to a doctor.
Don’t delay this by asking for advice from Forumosans who have about as much valid medical knowledge as a sack of hammers.
Eating prunes and drinking lots of water is nice, but if you had had a serious condition that needed rapid attention, hanging out at the Chinese medicine shop munching herbal broth and listening to us could have been a very bad move indeed.

very correct, wolf. I, myself do NOT like to go to a doctor, but if you have to, you have to. Especially here in Taiwan. Few months ago I went to Adventist Hospital and must say that they are very professional overthere. They can speak english, they take the time to explain you everything, they even tell you which medication and why they’re gonna give you, and most shocking of all, they use throw-away gloves and wash their hands.

Hepatitis is very prevalent in Taiwan . . . . . . a type of inflammation of the liver. There are some medicines to treat it though. A blood test will check for it.

Yip. I had all the required blood test for Hep A, B, C and some other rare strains of the disease. All came up negative. While I am very relieved my WBC count has lowered, I am perplexed at why my liver enzymes were so high. A cat-scan ruled out cancer and all blood tests for diseases were fine. They think maybe an extreme hypersensitivity to alcohol is the reason. The doc says I shouldn’t drink again, but another doctor said its ok but in small accounts. Instead of dreaming about normal things (sex), I am starting to dream of gin and tonic and a pint of Murphy’s.

Regarding Hepatitis, I would recommend anyone to get the Havrix booster and the other shots for Hep A and B. Its easy and it lasts for 10 years if I remember correctly.

What? Dreaming about GTs is abnormal?

Or the Spanish Sprints…

IT IS???