Any lizard keepers here?

No native chameleons, but veiled chameleons are introduced here, in Kaohsiung. It was in the news and people went catching them so not sure how spread they are, if at all. Taiwan has a bunch of introduced species, veiled chameleons, anoles, iguanas, tokay geckos Tuttle’s, frogs etc etc.

Where?

Venomous. You touch them, you kaput with extreme pain in 15 minutes.

Only? I thought the hand exploded just by touching it! :smiley:
I think you’re talking about the giant african snail, which has harmful toxins and can be potentially dangerous for human health.

No it is more like a snail without his house.

Hmmm iguanas in Taiwan, tasty!

Are talking about marine snails? African snails aren’t poisonous, just dirty and filled with disease. Just don’t eat them.

All over Taiwan has naturalized species, but the ones above are known in Kaohsiung. Escaped pets or intentional, they can thrive here and breed.

Yep. Like the Egyptian ibis!

1 Like

Our happy iguana here :slightly_smiling_face:
IMG_2298

3 Likes

To watch the lizards I like to turn on the balcony light at night, which attracts the bugs which then attracts the geckos. They get to have a feast. And man do they poop a lot.

That’s a healthy looking iguana, very nice. Just got. Back from the night market, those iguanas were so so sad :frowning: how old is he or she?

Iguanas are a bit big for me, used to keep monitors but can’t do the biglizardthing anymore. But LOVE playing with other peoples!

2 Likes

3 Likes

In a few weeks will be going to an intrudced iguana population in pingdong, never seen a true group here yet. Will take lots of pics.

Curly says, “Hi!”

4 Likes

There’s always this: