Any more F.com Happy Hours on the way?

Don’t you guys think it’s about time for another Forumosa happy hour? I do!

ORIENTED’s next Happy Hour is next Thursday. How about we meet there?

oriented.com/events/default.aspx … ail&o=7544

When: Thursday, November 29 from 7-9 p.m.
Where: Shangrila Hotel Marco Polo Lounge @ Dun Hua South Road, 201, 38F

[quote=“Goose Egg”]ORIENTED’s next Happy Hour is next Thursday. How about we meet there?

oriented.com/events/default.aspx … ail&o=7544

When: Thursday, November 29 from 7-9 p.m.
Where: Shangrila Hotel Marco Polo Lounge @ Dun Hua South Road, 201, 38F[/quote]

No offense, but I would not attend one of those hyped up buziness drama events without, well you know…
I would wager one look at that crowd would make me violently ill.
So, no, I shan’t be attending.

Erm, no thanks. Not really my cup of tea.

I dread to think how much the drinks are there (or are they included in the 300nt cover charge?)

[quote=“irishstu”]…
It is the elegant, high-class lounge bar for those who want to relax with fellow ORIENTED members and make new friends.
Bring your business cards![/quote]
Good grief. This sounds like a lot of people in chinos (or, for the cutting-edge wannabe iconoclasts, black rollnecks) pretending to be rich businessmen.

I’ve never been to one, but I’ve always imagined a forumosa happy hour should be conducted in a basement, pasty faces and red-rimmed eyes illuminated by the flashing lights on the server rack, with moonshine supplied by the local 大哥.

Even back when I was an urban professional, that was not my gig. Still isn’t.

Truth be known, I agree with y’all that Oriented isn’t our cuppa. So what would you suggest in its stead? Same as it ever was? Let Gus know what/when/how you’d like it and I’ll set it up.

For starters, I think Ounce is an excellent spot, but can only accommodate 30 thirsty souls and at 350NT a pop, well beyond even that many’s means.

Bounce Sports Lounge looks quite comfy, has a small patio and would be most approachable to setting up some kind of special for us.

Alleycats Huashan is always a good option.

I could talk Whalen into staying open late, but he is better suited for a brunch club over a swill fest, imho.

Any other ideas?

[quote=“Adflob Sales”]Truth be known, I agree with y’all that Oriented isn’t our cuppa. So what would you suggest in its stead? Same as it ever was? Let Gus know what/when/how you’d like it and I’ll set it up.

For starters, I think Ounce is an excellent spot, but can only accommodate 30 thirsty souls and at 350NT a pop, well beyond even that many’s means.

Bounce Sports Lounge looks quite comfy, has a small patio and would be most approachable to setting up some kind of special for us.

Alleycats Huashan is always a good option.

I could talk Whalen into staying open late, but he is better suited for a brunch club over a swill fest, imho.

Any other ideas?[/quote]
The only happy hour I’ve ever gone to was at Mr. Sausage’s Kitchen, and that was a lot of fun. He’s not serving food anymore, though, so what about Chef Jason’s My Place? I haven’t tried it yet, but everyone here says great things about it. The Fu Bar sounds cool as well, although maybe we should save that one till after the winter.

a 350 cover aint all that bad for the kind of amusement it’s bound to offer. Just think of it as a comedy club and show up drunk

Erm…350 a cocktail.

I too love Chef Jason’s, but I think it’s a tad small for our needs and I don’t think his bar is well stocked enough to handle what is sure to be a hardcore logo.

FuBar definitely, next Spring.

[quote]
The only happy hour I’ve ever gone to was at Mr. Sausage’s Kitchen, and that was a lot of fun. He’s not serving food anymore, though, so what about Chef Jason’s My Place? I haven’t tried it yet, but everyone here says great things about it. The Fu Bar sounds cool as well, although maybe we should save that one till after the winter.[/quote]

I believe Mr Sausage might do some food by special arrangement and request.

It might even involve sausages!!!

There is also the Sterling Tavern across the street from Chef Jason’s. It has food and loads of grog. Just the right size for a Happy Hour too. And cheap and has good music!

why not meet in the park? BYOB :slight_smile:

That sounds suspiciously akin to a rumble.
Can we bring lawn chairs?
How about pointy sticks?
:ponder:

Is this moving on? I never attendes a F.com get-togethee but I would really like to start soon…