Any other big cities with this much humidity than Taiwan

any other big cities with this much humidity than Taiwan? good golly my clothes never get dry and i swear living in south east asia, its much drier there

Taiwan is a city ?
That said central and southern Taiwan is dryer than the north

7 Likes

Manila? Bangkok? even Okinawa is humid as f

2 Likes

Buy a dehumidifier they are awesome especially the ones that vent the hot air outside.
A home A/C also dehumidifies .

That’s why long-term expats don’t usually wear clothes.

3 Likes

Miami, Houston, Darwin (NT, AU). Taiwan is drier in the winter, so maybe Miami is more humid as in winter it seems warmer than Kaoshiung. I was in Darwin in their winter down under (AU) it was 30, more humid than Kaoshiung is what is considered their dry season.

Current weather: Miami, Florida

1. Share

2. Follow Miami weather

3. Print

4. Feedback

Updated a few minutes ago

°C

F

32°

26°

Precipitation: 0%

Wind: 18 KMPH

Humidity: 72%

Kaohsiung City, Taiwan

1. Share

2. Print

3. Feedback

Updated a few minutes ago

°C

F

28°

21°

Precipitation: 40%

Wind: 11 KMPH

Humidity: 62%

Mostly cloudy

Thu 23, 11:42 AM

Yes, but have you been to Miami? Everywhere I’ve ever been in the American South (dare I call southern FL the American South??) has always had their AC cranked waaaayy up. I have never gone anywhere without a sweatshirt, even in the heat of summer in Alabama where it does get into the 40’s C. I would not be exaggerating to say that most indoor locations in the US have a consistent temperature of 18 degrees C (64 F since we are talking about the US :slight_smile: )

Bad comparison when Taiwan feels pretty confident that AC should never be used, and when it is used, should never be lower than 28C. Add to that the total lack of insulation in 99.9% of buildings and windows that are about 1mm thick, which means the second you switch off the AC, the indoor “climate” is worse than outdoors.