Any other Forumosans in a Taiwanese quarantine hotel?

No idea. Maybe it is a rule or perhaps the rules are so confusing the people interpret them differently?

I have no idea either. I just saw that other people were getting food delivery in addition to various grocery and you’re posting that you can only get it starting with level 2. Seems like the hotel didn’t want to bother with orders and is using the easing of restrictions as a nice excuse to pretend they were “just following the rules” the same way bars were turning away foreigners at the start of the pandemic “because it’s the law”. I’m curious if there’s a place to find the official quarantine laws from the government directly…:thinking:

2 Likes

On this topic of quarantine hotels, anybody has any recommendations of one with good wifi and a desk as I need to work while on quarantine? Budget will not be as high as thread starter but more towards 2000-3000 range which I think is about the cheapest I can see on the allowed list of hotels. Location is not important too and I wouldn’t even mind somewhere outside Taipei. Actually I read that there are quarantine hotels all over Taiwan but the list from the official page only shows Taipei and around. Are we not allowed to arrive at Taoyuan airport and travel elsewhere e.g. Taichung, Kaohsiung for quarantine?

1 Like

I found this link on the taipei govt website. https://quarantinehotel.gov.taipei/

It might be new and buggy, but at least it has a search function now.

1 Like

Level 3 is always a good excuse to reduce service and/or increase prices :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I bitched about the Amba but I also have to share the good part. I asked if they could just not send the terrible food and take it off my bill. They refused, however they delivered this.

2 Likes

Ha! I can just hear the staff grumbling to each other about the “picky foreigners”.

I think this stems from the “eat it and don’t complain” attitude that begins in childhood here. Have you ever seen the food they ladle out to kids in public schools? Dickens would have a field day! And what school kids don’t dig into those revolting, cold bien dongs almost daily, often by choice?

3 Likes

I completely agree with you. Unfortunately, that and NT$35 would get you a Family Mart coffee.

2 Likes

I dunno. I’ve had some pretty good luck fighting with jerks of businesses through my credit card company. I don’t always win, but I did get a free international flight (US$1,000) once because I had a mile high pile of evidence showing that I should really sue them. To think the airline tried to offer me 30,000 miles :joy:

3 Likes

Day 10 - Took my rapid antigen test and it is negative. I had to find an English video as the instructions were in Chinese. FORA COVID 19 Antigen Rapid Test - YouTube

Anyone heard of how we schedule our PCR test? The instructions say we need should test between days 12-14 but they don’t say how or where to schedule it.

3 Likes

The government and your hotel will set it up, and probably already have. Ask the hotel. It will be on Day 12, and will involve exiting your hotel for a few minutes to get on a bus that functions as a mobile testing unit.

4 Likes

Good idea. The hotel said they will arrange an epidemic taxi to take me to the selected hospital. They will let me know the exact time one day prior. Told me to pay for the taxi, bring my passport, 500nt, to wear a mask, keep a safe distance, and no talking.

I just got back from the PCR test. The hotel arranged a taxi (which was late 30 min). Then, we went to this strange parking lot of another hotel. The hotel people came out and said to wait for this bus. On the bus, there were 4 people. One came out and took my credit card payment, then I went into the bus and verified my information on the test vial.
I could tell the guy taking the sample was extremely anxious, serious and was going deep. It was extremely painful and my sinus still hurts. I had the PCR test prior to arrival, vaccinated, and a negative antigen test while in quarantine. This isn’t reasonable treatment.

5 Likes

Damn, I thought they switched to the gargling test already some time ago… :pleading_face:

Did you need to pay full price for the test although enrolled in NHI and mandated by the government? Or how much did they charge?

Yeah that’s what I thought too. Having everyone spitting into cups seems a lot more efficient than having someone come in and stab everyone in the brain.

1 Like

I had the PCR test at 雙和醫院 and barely felt the test.
It was $500NT. You can pay in cash or with a card. The taxi was $180.

3 Likes

Yeah, the bus thing is how it’s been done with everyone I’ve known who has quarantined recently, so I was surprised to hear yours would involve a taxi to the hospital.

The depth of the nasal swab seems to be totally luck of the draw. Sorry to hear yours was bad.

2 Likes

Thanks. I appreciate that.

Which test are you talking about? Was it painful or not?

At least it ain’t China

Why is China giving travelers anal tests for COVID-19? | Live Science