🤼 Wrestling | Any professional wrestling fans/hangouts?

Was wondering if professional wrestling has much of a following in Taiwan and if there are any bars that show live pro wrestling PPVs? I’m particularly interested in New Japan Pro Wrestling, but I would definitely attend WWE screenings if they’re aired at a reasonable hour.

1 Like

Z channel (JP) in Taiwan, Professional wrestling from Japan on the TV now, had some fun watching with my Taiwanese Female friend who finds this sport interesting. Taiwan needs its own version, I think Mexico and USA has it too.

1 Like

Won’t RAW be on Netflix now?

The male or female wrestling matches?
Are you and female friend practicing moves together?

1 Like

Light touch-touch last night haha. Interesting enough, if you see the match from Japan lots of females watching in the seats on the TV.

1 Like

This will help when it happens next year, but I was really asking about bars where you can watch wrestling socially the way you can find bars playing football when a big game is on (both the UK and US varieties).

It’s been years since I asked this question and, since that time, I’ve come to find that, unlike in Japan, wrestling is extremely niche in Taiwan.

I quit watching when WCW died. WWE is awful and I’ve generally outgrown it all. But if there were any local amateur matches I might go. Anything?

When I started this thread, I had long outgrown WWE and only watched New Japan Pro Wrestling, but I must say that WWE has really turned around and improved a lot in the last year or so. But I’m with you on the local amateur (or indie) shows. If such a thing exists in Taiwan, I’d love to attend. I’ve certainly never heard of such a thing though.

Side note, she tried lift me off the ground , could not (I am 50% bigger in KG to be fair).

Most people do not play these sports, even with mates for fun here so very much not like Japan.

1 Like

I found this

1-2 shows per month

2 Likes

Good find, will go in person?

1 Like

I would totally go.

In the 1980s, pre Hulk Hogan era, I’d see the WWF guys in middle school gyms. The greasy spoon of pro wrestling.

One of the hall monitors in my old high school was a pro wrestler. Took the job for the insurance. Back was shot to shit taking bumps.

2 Likes

I updated the title to avoid confusion.

Wrestling is about the sport. For wrestling as a form of athletic theater, see Professional wrestling.

Maybe. It’s a bit expensive for what it is. I’d probably still go but convincing someone to go with me at that price is unlikley :laughing:

We used to go when they came to Wagner College. A different era

1 Like

Nice one, thanks! I’ll be sure to check them out at some point, even if I have to go alone.

1 Like

Hit me up. I’ll go!

1 Like

I’ll hopefully be in Taiwan in the summer. If so and there’s an event on, I’ll do that!

2 Likes

Remind me too, if I am here I will try to go. (seems up north though)

2 Likes

March 24th in Xinchuang!

Oh yeah! :+1: