Any qualified british teachers living in taipei

would anyone be wiling to act as countersignatory for my passport renewal.

the form stipulates that the countersignatory must be a qualified professional, ie teacher, lawyer, doctor etc. since i know nobody of this description in taiwan, i am after a bit of help.

any help would be much appreciated

[quote=“olison”]would anyone be wiling to act as countersignatory for my passport renewal.

the form stipulates that the countersignatory must be a qualified professional, ie teacher, lawyer, doctor etc. since I know nobody of this description in Taiwan, I am after a bit of help. any help would be much appreciated[/quote]

The form has to be signed by a person who knows you, not just any person you find from a forum. There are exemptions when it is not possible to find people listed on the form.

You no longer need someone to countersign your photo as long as you are recognisable from your last one.

passport.gov.uk/_1_applicati … newing.asp

If you do get it countersigned, it needs to be someone who has known you a few years, so someone you mean on a forum can’t help you there. Last time I got my old boss to sign it. Isn’t there anyone you know back home, a friend of the family or someone…

EDIT: oh wait, THIS says something different :idunno:

[quote=“Slartibartfast”]You no longer need someone to countersign your photo as long as you are recognisable from your last one.

passport.gov.uk/_1_applicati … newing.asp

If you do get it countersigned, it needs to be someone who has known you a few years, so someone you mean on a forum can’t help you there. Last time I got my old boss to sign it. Isn’t there anyone you know back home, a friend of the family or someone…

EDIT: oh wait, THIS says something different :idunno:[/quote]The site you linked to says this; “If this is not possible, then the application can be countersigned by a professional from the applicant’s present country of residence. A note should be included supporting the countersignatures if they do not meet the countersignatory criteria.”

Seems I was right the first time. I called them to see what I need for a Taiwanese countersigner, and they said I don’t need one at all, everything on their site and form says I do need one. :idunno:
Best give them a call and check you don’t need one too.

Same here.