Any way to get resident visa through Taiwanese girlfriend?

I’m just wondering if there’s any way I can get some sort of permanent status here through my girlfriend. We’ve been together for two years (most of that was spent in France, I’m American though). I have an ARC here, but we’re planning on moving to TaiChung. With all the moving around, finding jobs, changing schools, etc. I got to thinking that maybe I could get some sort of more permanent status than a student or work visa.

i know this is a long shot, but I’m just wondering if we can use this to our advantage.

Marriage isn’t an option. Because our situation is a little different (meeting in France, living there for a couple years, moving to Taiwan), she hasn’t even met most of my family yet (or even been to the US), and I’m one of those people that couldn’t get married without her having met my family.

For now, at least. It’s seeming more and more that marriage for us is a more practical than anything.

Nope … only when you marry her …

or

you could stay here for a period of seven (7) years or more and qualify for a permanent resident certificate. :smiley:

[quote=“Anubis”]or

you could stay here for a period of seven (7) years or more and qualify for a permanent resident certificate. :smiley:[/quote]

… but by then you to proof financial health or 5 million in the bank … what is that with the 5 million?

If your girlfriend’s your employer, you could get a residence visa through your work.

If she has the company capitalized for 5 million … and can proof she needs you as an employee, she’s got to pay you 50K a month minimum :slight_smile:

[quote=“belgian pie”][quote=“Anubis”]or

you could stay here for a period of seven (7) years or more and qualify for a permanent resident certificate. :smiley:[/quote]

… but by then you to proof financial health or 5 million in the bank … what is that with the 5 million?[/quote]

I have applied recently and I certainly missed the 5 million in the bank part. Are you sure about this, bp?

Read my lips … financial health or …

btw, you dont just have to STAY here for 7 years. You need to have had an ARC for that period, or was it 5?

Ask miltownkid or Joesax.

In Taichung at least when I was there, the way to get “permanent residency” was to study at TLI…

5 when married … 7 if work related …

Yeah, but financial health just means proof that you earn something like twice the minimum wage. About NT$30,000/month, in other words. Not to difficult.

How do you prove that? Letter from the boss or some kind of pay stub? Also, do you have to be making that much money for a certain amount of time? Thanks.

Tax certificates showing income earned.