Anybody watch the Rise of Evil on Cinemax?

I wasn’t able to watch much of it. I noticed that Hitler was played by that Full Monty guy. Did he dance?

I’d like to see it, maybe on DVD later.

Catched it on Sunday night. I thought it was pretty light, but entertaining nonetheless. I hope we get to see the Reagans movie soon. I can’t believe CBS decided to pull it. Sure James Brolin (who portrays Reagan in the movie) is a liberal, but who in the Hollywood elite is not? hehehhehe. No chutzpah if you ask my opinion. Clark Clifford was spot on when he labelled the old gipper as an “amiable dunce.”

Chewy

Caught it, too. Historically interesting, but a bit light, and the pace was unsteady.

Not a patch on conspiracy though.

hbo.com/films/conspiracy/

Robert Carlyle was very convincing as Hitler, but the story was slow and repetative.
Rise of Evil Web site

Hitler with a British accent. I thought the whole movie was hilarious!

[quote=“Closet Queen”]Caught it, too. Historically interesting, but a bit light, and the pace was unsteady.

hbo.com/films/conspiracy/[/quote]
This is worth renting, then? Branagh’s a washed-up mincing ponce but I think Stanley Tucci is a compelling actor.

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“Closet Queen”]Caught it, too. Historically interesting, but a bit light, and the pace was unsteady.

hbo.com/films/conspiracy/[/quote]
This is worth renting, then? Branagh’s a washed-up mincing ponce but I think Stanley Tucci is a compelling actor.[/quote]

Yes, it’s gripping stuff and the whole cast is excellent. Not sure if it can be rented, but it’s available on DVD in one of the HBO movie packs.