Anybody worked at ARMC American school?

Hey, I’ve just had an interview with ARMC American school and everything went well. I was offered a contract of 20 hours per week with average pay at 2 branches per week in the afternoons.

I’ve done some research and cannot find anything about this school. Has anybody worked at it?

I was also told if I accept the job I can start this Friday, yet I don’t have an ARC but they told me I as I have my documents I can start working whilst the ARC has been sent off. Is this true?

It’s a blatant lie. If you don’t have your work permit, you’ll be working illegally and will be deported if caught. Simple as that.

But, hey, take a chance if you want. Very few people get busted. It is a risk, though, if you want to stay here.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, I thought this was true. I will demand I only start once I get my ARC. I’m not going to chance it and work illegally.

1 Like

You might show them this if they give you a hard time

3 Likes

Thanks for the link. I’m also wondering if it’s possible to take a week vacation out of Taiwan after applying for the ARC (Which I heard takes 2 weeks to process) or am I required to be here?

If i’m not going to be working it would be great to have a short vacation before I start working full time.

once they get your work permit, I mean your work permit is issued, you can legally work, and can apply for your ARC.

Sorry, Newbie question incoming… What’s the difference between the work permit and the ARC? And how do each normally take?

It’s just that the manager said I would be able to work on Friday, I just thought that would be too soon to get a work permit/ARC

Visa: permission to enter Taiwan
ARC: certificate of your residency to show you are allowed to reside in Taiwan.
Work permit:permission to work in Taiwan

You need a reason to be given a residency, and to be allowed to work and be employed in Taiwan is one of reasons.

Processing time for a work permit is 7 working days. I don’t know if it can be shorter. it may be. I don’t know if it would be issued by Friday when they apply for it tomorrow, though.

3 Likes

Yes, mention that you got the information from AIT, as you have “a friend” who works there, that sounds much more official, boss less likely to argue with you to save face. my :2cents:

1 Like