Anyone else attend/going to attend mtc?

just wondering if there was anyone else on here who is going to start at mtc next week. been here a week and a half now and am already bored to tears waiting for classes to start. i don’t understand why they have registration a week before orientation. what the heck is everyone else doing during that time? i can only stand to hang out with my relatives for so long. shame i didn’t get to meet anyone at registration. wish there was some way to get in touch with incoming students before orientation just to hang out or something. i guess most people fresh off the plane aren’t really surfing the web at this point, but thought it would be worth a shot.

Well, let’s have a coffee or tea or something. I’m not starting at Shita this term, but I was thinking about it – is that close enough?? Don’t know how interesting I am but at least I’m not one of your relatives…

Since I work more or less part-time hours, I’m free quite a bit. I remember very well what it was like waiting that week – I came over years and years ago when I was 19 and I thought I’d go crazy, too. (Didn’t have any relatives here either, although I’m not sure if that’s an advantage or a disadvantage!)

Drop me an e-mail at terry@oriented.org if you want.

Terry

quote:
Originally posted by ironlady: I'm not starting at Shita this term...

Wade-Giles: Shihta
Hanyu pinyin: Shida
Why do people have to spell it shita?

First, because that’s the way THEY spell it (you don’t spell Lee Teng-hui’s name Li Denghui, do you?)

And secondly, there might just be an element involved at times that is reflected by that particular spelling…well, need I say more??

Hmmmm…you didn’t hear that second crack from ME, mind you!

Terry

wish there was some way to get in touch with incoming students before orientation just to hang out or something. [/QUOTE]

Well, if you just want to hang out wiht “incoming students”, then I couldn’t help.
But if you want to hang out with “any” friend, then you might contact me. I recently got many free time since I just done my work last week.