Anyone else getting captchas when they do a Google search?

That’s the sort of thing I was initially concerned about, but since the problem seems widespread I guess it’s nothing I have any control over.

I’m only getting them from my work computer. At home or my phone, it’s fine.

1 Like

I get them sometimes.

I am the human, not machine.

Are you also human, like me? It’s great being human. 01101000 01100001 01101000 01100001 01101000 01100001 01101000 01100001

4 Likes

Affirmative. The state of being human is indeed positive. Beep.

(Error.)

Oh FFS I tried to run that through a binary converter to see if it said anything, and got the Captcha test, so sorry, I’ll skip that…

3 Likes

Yes. Being the real human is excellent. When I drink the water, it definitely is not a problem for my circuits, uh, neurobiology. :robot:

2 Likes

The ingestion of water is excellent for us humans, I concur! I find the state of being wet so satisfying.

Do you also drink it through your mouth hole, like me? I think that’s the best way for us humans.

2 Likes

this is the thing which also was spoken by our female human counterpart

2 Likes

Yes, we humans can be classified into male and female types. There are also some non-binary forms, but I cannot fully process that.

2 Likes

:slight_smile: prove it.

6 Likes

That was happening to me quite a bit last year. I found out I’d been hacked (I know who it was and the person has since been fired). The virus was contained in microsoft autoupdater. The other reason why it happens is because you’re running a VPN.

2 Likes

It’s not a virus nor VPN…
This is happening island wide.
Specifically through ChengHwa Telecom. Could be others too. But definitely island wide.

1 Like

Circumstantial evidence. Not the root cause.

VPNs do not cause this behavior by themselves. If so they’d be unusable in the world.

Look it is probably nothing to worry about, but it may be that you are on a CIA blacklist. Just what I heard…

been getting captcha’d too, for the past 2 months. Rather irritating.
Checked all my outgoing processes, nothing weird happening on my laptop that I can see.

Also use a VPN occasionally, but this happens off-VPN.

Given up.

1 Like

If you are logged into your account/s then the VPN confuses the account security settings (that like to think you’re not moving between 5 countries every day). Some accounts will log you out. Others will enact their security protocols and ask you to verify you are you.

The virus was traced back to the individual. There were actually 2 people involved. The second individual hacked my cloud and uploaded an image from their phone that also contained a virus. I locked that away in an encrypted folder> That person has been transferred from their position. It cost the company a lot of money between what the two of them were caught out doing so hardly circumstantial.

For google searches? Never for me. For logging into stuff, yes.

If this annoys you guys, start protesting oppressive shit now before its too late. Things like facial recognition logins etc are the absolute craziest shit i have seen recently. Boycott and protest if its happening to you, or accept the (confucious) hopeless.

I dont get the captcha complaint, but i get the fight against it. Go on you unsung heroes, give them hell!

Covid killed my fiery hate for emails while traveling. They would block me and require a phone call despite me being in a foreign country with no phone. Now no one cares anymore. They won that one :frowning:

Never again.

1 Like

Try searching in incognito mode. I don’t get captions then.

I’ve been getting them for maybe several years, but I’ve got a history of doing repeated word searches that are just slight variations on the previous ones.

Before the captcha thing, Google would just tell me they’d detected suspicious activity, or something like that, but I don’t remember what they would do beyond that. Well, I take that back. I think they used to just make me do some kind of “time out.”

In their pre-captcha response, they’d include a feedback option, and I would occasionally use it to gripe at them. I think one of my gripes was that the reason I had to do these semi-repetitive searches was that they didn’t have the so-called Boolean search (I don’t know from Boolean, I just know that that kind of search allows the searcher to space words some number of words apart from each other, and to nest words together, and so on). Now they have something like a Boolean search, so I don’t have that to gripe about.

I think I can usually avoid the captcha thing if I’m signed in; then they sometimes make me do something else that’s not as much of a hassle as the captcha, but I forgot what it is.

Okay, I’ll shut up now. :slight_smile:

What the heck are you guys searching? For petes sake, if its weird dont log into real accounts at the same time…yikes

1 Like

Based on responses above, it seems to be a problem in Taiwan right now. Basically every time I do a Google search, any Google search, on my home WiFi I get a captcha / not a robot test. I do the captcha and it’s fine for a while, but next Google search after a few minutes have passed, there’s another captcha.

But since it seems to be a widespread issue I don’t there’s much I can do for trouble shooting.

(Just tried searching in private mode on my iPhone, home WiFi; still got the captcha.)

1 Like