Anyone else have a Uiousha air conditioner?

My AC is driving me nuts. It’s costing me a lot of money, too: last month I paid a NT$4000-plus electric bill for two months, and I live alone in a fairly well-insulated 15-ping-ish apartment.

The AC has two parts: an indoor unit that blows the cold air in and a fairly large, heavy-looking outdoor unit on the balcony that emanates hot air when the AC is working. This year, I haven’t been able to get the outer unit to turn on unless I set the temperature to 22 degrees or below; if I set it to 25 or 26 like I want to, the inner unit just blows warm air. Once I’ve gotten the outer unit to turn on, I can adjust the temperature back up to 24, but if I go beyond that it gets warm again. So, during the day I end up turning the AC on and off repeatedly, while during the night I just leave it at 24 and keep warm with a bedspread while my AC wastes energy.

Anyone know what’s going on? By the way, the brand is Uiousha (優沙), which I’d never heard of before moving here.

Don’t really know what you are talking about but a NT4000 bill is not high if you are running an ac very frequently and at low temps.

I agree, but I don’t want to run it at low temps. With most air conditioners, I can set the temp to 25 or 26 and feel fine; with this one, I have to either set it to 22-24 and shiver or set it to 25-plus and sweat. There is no middle ground. I never had any problems with this AC last year, so something must have changed.

Call in a mechanic. There should be a telephone number on the unit. If not check the forums for independent repair guys. It’s pretty obvious there is something wrong with the machine but asking us to help self-diagnose is a bit weird. :2cents:

haokaiyang -

Sounds like it needs a service tech to look at it. Could be something as simple as a needed cleaning or reset of the computers.
A/Cs work much better with a yearly service maintenance check.
Good news is that, from what I’ve had, NT$300 seems to be the standard price for most service/maintenance calls.
If it needs a thorough cleaning it will be a bit more…but its still pretty inexpensive considering how important a good a/c unit is here.

We have 2 unis in-house and 2 more in rental apts - its a good investment to have them serviced and cleaned every spring.
A lot of “Spring Specials” in March through May…but rates year round are like I noted.

Thanks guys. Tainancowboy, I’m glad to know that servicing it is cheap. I literally have zero interaction with my landlord, and I kind of like that, so I think I’ll just take care of it myself. I guess I was afraid it might be more trouble than it’s worth.

I’ve never needed to service an AC before because until last year I’d never lived in the same place for more than a year since graduating from high school in 1999. It’s weird to be all “settled”. And about to turn 30, too. Yikes.