Anyone ever lived in a house like this?

So I hear that cockroaches are common in Taiwan. Having lived in China I saw more than enough cockroaches in my apartment, (interestingly they were all either dead or dying). But I’m curious to know if houses like the one in the video are common in Taiwan. I really feel sorry for the poor bastard featured in the video. Watch, and enjoy.

youtube.com/watch?v=HFse9Z4srTU&NR=1

[quote=“ninman”]So I hear that cockroaches are common in Taiwan. Having lived in China I saw more than enough cockroaches in my apartment, (interestingly they were all either dead or dying). But I’m curious to know if houses like the one in the video are common in Taiwan. I really feel sorry for the poor bastard featured in the video. Watch, and enjoy.

youtube.com/watch?v=HFse9Z4srTU&NR=1[/quote]
I really have seen worse especialy when there are carpets. There was a refugee hostel in London around the time of the first Bosnian war. It was over crowded with muslim refugess at the time and wow when the carpets were lifted the floor was “moving”. :smiley:

I slept in a HK hotel room in Chungking Mansions once where it was almost as bad, albeit only with the lights off. The dead ones were obviously cleaned up during the day.
I had the aircon on at first with the lights off and it was really bloody noisy and I couldn’t sleep. Then I turned it off and tried my best to sleep in the humidity, but I was sweaty and itching all over. In the end at about 3 in the morning I gave up and decided to have a cold shower. I turned on the lights and realised the itching wasn’t due to me being sweaty, but because I must have had around 100 baby roaches crawling all over me.
I immediately packed my stuff and headed off out. Fortunately I met another guy outside who had a twin room and didn’t mind sharing. I went back the next day to get my money back, but only received half as “I had already used the room for half my rental period”.
The stingy Indian git. I could’ve had his licence away.

[quote=“sulavaca”]I slept in a HK hotel room in Chungking (Chongqing) Mansions once where it was almost as bad, albeit only with the lights off. The dead ones were obviously cleaned up during the day.
I had the aircon on at first with the lights off and it was really bloody noisy and I couldn’t sleep. Then I turned it off and tried my best to sleep in the humidity, but I was sweaty and itching all over. In the end at about 3 in the morning I gave up and decided to have a cold shower. I turned on the lights and realised the itching wasn’t due to me being sweaty, but because I must have had around 100 baby roaches crawling all over me.
I immediately packed my stuff and headed off out. Fortunately I met another guy outside who had a twin room and didn’t mind sharing. I went back the next day to get my money back, but only received half as “I had already used the room for half my rental period”.
The stingy Indian git. I could’ve had his licence away.[/quote]

I am getting freaked out just reading this. That kind of thing is pretty much one of my worst nightmares. I knew there was a good reason Ive never stayed in any of those Chungking Mansions places…