Anyone go to church here?

Which church do you go to?

I’m thinking about it when I get back…maybe…perhaps…

Still have not really made up my mind yet

You can search the forum and find who the crazy people are.

Nope. I learned from an early age that going to church is boring.

I shouldn’t have made the heading ‘Does anyone…’ I’m in need of information about churches…not what people think of it.

I go to Calvary on Yangmingshan. I’m just saying that there is a whole list in the forum of places to go.

Batt9 -
Hang in there.
There are a few on Forumosa.com who will chime in with some info for ya.
Ignore the yahoo’s.

It might help if you tell the area you are thinking of.
Good Luck :wink:

There are loads of churches around Tai Da and GonGuan. Perhaps you can pop down there and have a butchers.

I live in Kuting area. I’ve driven past a couple of churches…but I never know if they have English services or not.

I don’t care much for what kind of church it is…but I don’t want churches where the pastor comes and place his hand on you and then you pass out and all of that. But not just sitting down and listening and singing really deppro songs either.

I like His People back home in SA…

[quote=“Battery9”]I live in Guting area. I’ve driven past a couple of churches…but I never know if they have English services or not.

I don’t care much for what kind of church it is…but I don’t want churches where the pastor comes and place his hand on you and then you pass out and all of that. But not just sitting down and listening and singing really deppro songs either.

I like His People back home in SA…

That’s very useful information. With a little more (any particular doctrinal position?), I could give you a couple of recommendations. There’s a place called ‘The Rock’ just opposite the Fuxing MRT, on the 9th floor of an apartment/business block, which has English services.

None of this ‘Holy Roller’ stuff either, and the songs aren’t ‘deppro’. There’s a Sunday morning service, followed by lunch and an afternoon Bible study, and there are other Bible study sessions on Wednesday and Friday night.

I’m just saying…

[Messianic Christians in Taiwan
[New English worship service starting first Sunday of March
[Catholic Churches in Yong He
[English church for Bible studies and general fellowship
[English Church in Tao-Yuan county
[Church
[Charismatic churches in Taiwan

Now if you want sour cream, ask Dragonbones. (I dare you.)

thanks for all the info. I don’t mind about the doctrines.

[quote=“Richardm”]I’m just saying…
Now if you want sour cream, ask Dragonbones. (I dare you.)[/quote]

:moon:

Good luck with your search, Battery9. I hope you find a rewarding experience.

The path of the righteous is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyrranys of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepards the weak through the valley of darkness for he is truly his brothers keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I shall strike down upon thee with great vengence and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the lord when I lay my vengence upon thee!

amen!

[quote=“gomerpyle”]The path of the righteous is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyrranys of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepards the weak through the valley of darkness for he is truly his brothers keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I shall strike down upon thee with great vengence and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the lord when I lay my vengence upon thee!

amen![/quote]
And it’s not even in the Bible.

I love Pulp Fiction.

It is cool flick. Unfortunately, the only copy you can buy in Taiwan is very very poor. I couldn’t believe it, a DVD that looks like a VHS that has been copied many many times.

how does one screw that up? Oh yeah… looks out the window

There is a famous Presbyterian church not far from the GuTing. I think it is call Friendship Presbyterian. They have an English service.

Oh, I just found a link to this info in the Forumosa Wiki!
http://new.ccea.org.tw/English/TaiwanForeignLanguageChurches.htm Hope this helps! :rainbow: