Anyone go to church here?

[quote=“Dragonbones”]Oh, I just found a link to this info in the Forumosa Wiki!
http://new.ccea.org.tw/English/TaiwanForeignLanguageChurches.htm Hope this helps! :rainbow:[/quote]

Interesting but its information on Grace Baptist Church is wrong. Grace Baptist is pretty middle of the road doctrinally. Definitely not pushy. We even had the male lead from Phantom of the Opera there. He sang…amazing voice.

:notworthy:

My wife and mother in law always drag me through the temples. I have worshipped so many “gods”, I wonder if there is anyone on this island I did not worship already.

I think some gods even wore blue slippers.

And there were strange golden scooters parked outside the temple.

My wife and children go to a Christian church every Sunday, here in Zhong-Li. I don’t go with them, but I always ask my daughter to say “Hi” to God for me.
We had the congregation over for Christmas. I played them the 50 cent video Disco Inferno, they all blushed, don’t know if they’ll be back next Christmas. I enjoy talking with the part time preacher, part time used car salesman, Andy.

[quote=“Richardm”]You can search the forum and find who the crazy people are.[/quote] :yay: JESUS IS KING JESUS IS KING :tic: :tic:

Seriously, Sacred heart Catholic Church on Xin Hai/roosevelt road. English services at 11 am

And when I need some good gospel, shoutin “amen” and “thank you jesus” type church I go onto the internet and watch a church that broadcasts from my city. Catholic church is good for one thing, in and out in an hour, dry cleaning the sins away, but will bore you to death with it’s outdated sermons. :unamused:

I don’t. I try to avoid church to the best of my ability…

someone doesn’t like church…wow, I had no idea that would happen on this post…wow. Amazingly original :smiley:

I was going to say something…but I decided not to :saywhat:

My wife forces me to throw the wooden dices in the temple, you know those who look like apple slices with one side round and one side straight.

Do you know what friggin’ stress it is, to get a goddamned 3-series of double YES (one side straight, one side round up), when you were made to ask for children and your beard-lipped mother in law and wife are standing next to you ???

And they start to yell “you do not concentrate again”

Time passes

The dice are never right

Time passes

The dice are wrong again

Finally I asked for “a cold beer OR a baby”

… and it worked. A 3-series in one go. YES YES YES.

What has scared me: I did not get a single cold beer ever since. And it is a long time ago. :astonished:

… I miss Christian churches, because NO GABLIN’ ALOUD there.

:bravo: Classic post

“Bread of Life Christian Church in Taipei” anyone goes here??

[quote=“Namahottie”]
And when I need some good gospel, shoutin “amen” and “thank you Jesus” type church I go onto the internet and watch a church that broadcasts from my city. [/quote]

Sounds pretty cool. Where on the internet do I find this?

I’m not a christian by any means but I really like gospel music. I’m thinking of getting my Mahalia Jackson collection (vinyl) sent to me. I’d be interested in receiving some links or names for me to chase to better this fetish. Any ideas? I like the tone and timbre of a full on choir sound. Makes me feel good.

I’m a kick ass singer myself. Getting back into the means to perform. slow process. [/i]

Modest, too.

[quote=“trebuchet”][quote=“Namahottie”]
And when I need some good gospel, shoutin “amen” and “thank you Jesus” type church I go onto the internet and watch a church that broadcasts from my city. [/quote]

Sounds pretty cool. Where on the internet do I find this?[/quote]
Trinity United Church of Christ

[quote=“canucktyuktuk”]I’m not a christian by any means but I really like gospel music. I’m thinking of getting my Mahalia Jackson collection (vinyl) sent to me. I’d be interested in receiving some links or names for me to chase to better this fetish. Any ideas? I like the tone and timbre of a full on choir sound. Makes me feel good.

I’m a kick ass singer myself. Getting back into the means to perform. slow process. [/i][/quote]

Lately I’ve been listening to this one song over and over(I thinkI have OCD when it comes to music sometimes) “Falling in Love” by Darlene Mccoy.

Also, I’ve been listening to Rev.James Cleveland, Yolanda Adams, and Aretha Franklin. If you want any song suggestions let me know.