Anyone going to a Catholic church for Easter?

I was just wondering if anyone is going to an English service in a Catholic church in Taipei tomorrow.

I’ll probably go to the one on XinSheng, near Da’an park, but I’d like to know what other options are there.
(there’s a thread on this somewhere, but it’s not been updated in a while)

Thanks!

Oh, yeah, please note I wrote “Catholic”, not just any Christian. You other Christians are nice and everything, some of my closest friends are other-Christians, but I’m really looking for Catholic specific, ok? Thanks :smiley:

There’s also St. Christopher’s on Zhongshan N. Road, where Filipinos often go. That could be an interesting experience.

To worship Oestra you don’t need to go to church.

I’ve walked by a Catholic church many times on Minsheng E. Rd, north side of the road, between Dun Hua N. Rd and Fushing N. Road. It’s near the McDonald’s and a car dealership.

I will be working on the day of our Lord’s resurrection. Where’s my boss? On holiday, obviously.

That church is near the Sherwood Hotel and the Minsheng Citibank building. Dealership is a Mercedes Benz. Across the street from my office which overlooks said Catholic Church. God is literally looking at me :astonished:

That church is near the Sherwood Hotel and the Minsheng Citibank building. Dealership is a Mercedes Benz. Across the street from my office which overlooks said Catholic Church. God is literally looking at me :astonished:[/quote]

Is that why you keep your blinds closed? ‘:p’

our Lord??
I dont think so.

Doesn’t the bible say something about “the sun not yet risen” when they found the tomb open which means it was technically Saturday when he resurrected ? And counting back 3 days he was crucified on Wednesday ?

I’m going to Catholic mass tomorrow even though I’m a Protestant. I’m super excited. While I’m there, I’m going to partake in communion and no Croatian this side of Texas is going to stop me. I already talked to Jesus about it and HE said it was ok.

I’m also very excited that I’ll be up before 10AM for once, so I’ll finally be able to get that sausage McMuffin that I’ve been dreaming about. Easter is great!

Happy Easter Everyone!

Thanks for the advice. I was tempted to go to Zhongshan one, as Chris said it would have been interesting. But ended up going to the Holy Family on XinSheng.

It was very nice. Nice service. Full but not too crowded. Many different nationalities, including Taiwanese.

The Protestant I took with me was nearly converted, but then bailed out after communion when she realized we don’t get to drink wine and the body of Christ wafer sticks to the top of the mouth. Being Catholic is not easy.

Happy Easter, to all!

Nice to hear the rest of the story Tash.

And a very happy Easter to you.

Oh no, Tainan Cowboy. That’s not the rest of the story. At mass, the tall one tried to wrestle me to my seat when I got up to get in the communion line. She attempted to body slam me, but I put her in a headlock until she agreed to let me proceed.

Finally, I made my way to the front and got my wafer but…what the…? No communion wine!?! At least at the Protestant church we get grape juice to go with our cracker.

To be fair though, they did have a nice coffee break after the service and they also handed out free Easter eggs. So in my final analysis I’d say that Catholics may be stingy with their wine, but I guess they’re a’ight.

Erhu -
:bravo: You have done your penance for the year. Go in Peace.

Sounds like a lively group there. I thought my Holy Roller upbringing was wild!

Oh! it’s Easter already? :ponder: I must have slept through Christmas & New Year …

our Lord??
I dont think so.[/quote]

No, OUR Lord, not yours, proddy/heathen.

:laughing: That’s pretty funny.

But I’m sure we got wine in our Catholic masses back home. Has something changed since I was growing up?

It depends on the pastor or priest … some want to keep their wine for themselfs, others let people share.
Perhaps some don’t do it to avoid people getting hepatitis or herpes … you never know

[quote=“Belgian Pie”]It depends on the pastor or priest … some want to keep their wine for themselfs, others let people share.
Perhaps some don’t do it to avoid people getting hepatitis or herpes … you never know[/quote]

TASH! YOU WEREN’T WEARING LIPGLOSS IN CHURCH, WERE YOU?