Anyone have any experience with applying to grad school? Looking for info about the portfolio (備審資料)

Hi. I’m applying to do my MA locally and need to make a portfolio. In Chinese it’s 背省資料. Can’t find much info in English. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Thanks

I think it’s 備省資料?

I just went to the school’s website and got the template then filled them in. As opposed to 備省資料 for undergraduates where you have to fill in a lot of personal info, for graduate degrees, it’s mostly about the research topic you wish to work on.

Thanks. From what they told me, most of it is my personal information. They want my resume, work experience, etc and a few possible thesis topics.

I’ve seen a few online in Chinese. I’m just curious about how long they need to be or if anyone knows the official English name so I can find some examples in English.

I’ll take a look for a template but I don’t think my school offers one.

Usually they would call it the application form on most university’s English websites.

For example, my school has a separate application process for international students.

https://oia.nctu.edu.tw/en/degree-seeking/international-students/

It also has an online application system.

It’s 備審資料.

6 Likes

Makes sense. I’ll probably just go on again to talk to them.

I’m not going to be considered an international student because they can’t go part time. APRC holders can do part time and won’t be considered an international student. This is the information I got from my potential school.