Anyone have anything positive to say?

Well, the last 10 years Taiwan have:

• Introduced, and enforce helmet law for scooter/motorbike :shock:
  • Seatbelts in the front seat :?
  • Become strickter on drunk driving (DUI) :?
  • got rid of the household-garbage-mountains piling up during public holidays :slight_smile:
  • opened the MRT and thereby improved traffic flow (in certain areas?) :smiley:
  • introduced democratic elections, included a change of government, to prove the democray works :laughing:
  • introduced advice to use headlights in certain areas :wink:
  • reduced tax on imported alcoholic beverages :?
  • reduced tax on pure Malt Whiskey :smiley:
  • become member of WTO :!:
  • Introduced Saturday off :sunglasses:
  • plastic bag restictions :bulb:
  • increased speed limit on the Freeway :sunglasses:
  • Traffic ticket/fine to turtles in the left lane :smiling_imp:

-It should be more, but let’s someone else put in a few positive words.

Hottala!!

Yeah, I heard that too, but I’ve yet to see or hear of anyone being ticketed. Just last Sunday I saw cops lighting up speeders in the middle and inside lanes, while granny Chen tootled merrily past them in the fast lane going at all of … ooooh… 50kph, easily. :unamused: Retards.

Good things today:

To find out I’m getting a nearly $50,000 tax return this year is a VERY GOOD thing! Don’t forget to file soon!
Having set an approximate date to leave Taiwan (again. for good? :? ) to parts as yet, unknown) is something to look forward to.
Tonight, I had dinner with friends I hadn’t spent much time with recently. Even if it was only TGI Fridays.
I met a cute cocker spaniel today. It looked like a bat with floppy grey ears. It smelt worse, but that’s ok, I don’t live with it.
I bought a lottery ticket for the first time. Wish me luck.
I’m small.
:sunglasses:

Happy moments in Taiwan

Celebrating my birthday with my co-workers this summer and getting a card signed by all of them with a little message.

Sunrises and sunsets in Kenting, Chialeshui, and that scenic cliff-side point in between.

When my cat wrapped his little baby kitten tail around my wrist when I found him after Typhoon Nari.

The first time that the baby brother of my 1-1 student said bye-bye to me.

Watching my mother come through the terminal exit at CKS airport.

When I learned that I was going to be an aunt (and just after that moment an earthquake hit)

Spending a sunny Saturday afternoon at Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial or Sun Yat-Sen Memorial and watching children in the peak of their happy childhoods.

Going out for dinner with my friends to truly ethnic restaurants and having wonderful conversations about any and everything.

Watching my former roommate on a soap opera with her and her mother.

Being able to pick up pieces of a conversation in Mandarin without really trying and being able to read a whole string of characters and knowing what they mean.

Seeing a foreigner who looks lost or confused and being able to help them.

And of course,

Games Club.