Anyone have good Taiwan pics for me?

Hi all

I wrote an article for a paper back home (Pietermaritzburg, South Africa) about living in Taiwan. I need a picture to accompany it, but don’t have a digital camera, and my friends who do are too lazy/inefficient as photographers to take any good pics for me. So… do any of you have good pics of places around Taiwan that I could use for my article? I was thinking of a good shot of a temple, or something traditional. Hmmm, maybe a betel nut girl would be cool too :wink:

There’s no money involved (I’m not getting payed for the article) so no royalties unfortunately, but I will credit you for the pic and mail you a copy of the article (look ma, my pic’s in the paper of some small town in South Africa! I’m famous!).

Any offers?

Click the link in my sig. If you see anything you like, pm/email me and we’ll talk more.

Nightmarket photos here and here.

Grand Hotel (Yuanshan), here.

National Palace Museum.

Temple interior here and here.

Taipei 101.

Do Not Feed Babies To The Rhinoceros (‘It’s wrong, and danger’).

[/img]

Some lovely shots there mate. :bravo:

Cool lads, thanks for all the assistance! Now I just need to sift through everything to find one that suits my article. Thanks again! :notworthy:

Here’s one.

flickr.com/photos/cantikfotos/

Thanks again to all who offered their pics! I didn’t realise there were so many awesome photographers on forumosa :notworthy:

But the one below is probably more representative.

Wow, cfimages, your shot of the Big Budhha at Baguashan is fantastic. I always liked mine, but now I am very humbled. :notworthy:

The flickr Taiwan group:

flickr.com/groups/tw/

which ever one you choose dont forget to contact the photog and ask permission :slight_smile:

These 2 are at the Confusius School in Tainan

Temple in An Ping

Not sure where this one was shot at. Somewhere North of Tainan.

There are millions of photos on my web site

users2.ev1.net/~turton/teach_index.html

V

Mucha man - I like yours. It reminds me of how it looked when I first moved down to Changhua 3 years ago. Since then they’ve restored it, and down some good landscaping work. They’ve also added all the tacky things that Taiwan tour bus tourists seem to love (and I can’t stand). Plus there’s now a 7-11 there.

Vorkogian - I liked your Lugang photo’s from your trip there a few weeks ago. I am the guy you briefly met at the Tian Ho temple, who had the big camera.

Sorry, the 2nd one should be @ Vorkosigan.

[quote=“cfimages”]
Vorkogian - I liked your Lugang photo’s from your trip there a few weeks ago. I am the guy you briefly met at the Tian Ho temple, who had the big camera.[/quote]

Sorry about that awkward introduction! I was thinking in about eight different directions at once. Nice to meet you in a more rational frame of mind.

Michael

Hey, there’s a Starbuck’s in the Forbidden City. It could be much worse.

Does the light really shine out the Buddha’s third eye as in your picture?