Anyone here know any taiwan fisherman?

does anyone here know any taiwan fisherman preferably in port of Taipei that speak some english

let me know please feel free to PM me

[quote=“rockstar”]does anyone here know any taiwan fisherman preferably in port of Taipei that speak some english
[/quote]

Could you be a little more specific? There are more than a few kinds of fishermen. Do you mean crewman, captain? Do you mean a guy with a little boat who fishes locally or the guys who do commercial fishing far from Taiwan? Or someone like my cousin who goes out on the jetties on the coast for sport?

[quote=“neesh”][quote=“rockstar”]does anyone here know any taiwan fisherman preferably in port of Taipei that speak some english
[/quote]

Could you be a little more specific? There are more than a few kinds of fishermen. Do you mean crewman, captain? Do you mean a guy with a little boat who fishes locally or the guys who do commercial fishing far from Taiwan? Or someone like my cousin who goes out on the jetties on the coast for sport?[/quote]

Hi a crewman or captain would be best either is fine. I would me not a little guy who fishes locally in Taiwan. Probably somewhere in between commercial fishing far from Taiwan and a little boat that just fishes locally.

If that exists

thanks for any help

I really don’t know names or numbers anymore but about 14 years ago, I went to the Hsinchu port just to look around. I found some fishermen sitting on the dock next to a traditional Taiwanese fishing vessel. As soon as they saw my camera, the beers and hard stuff got hidden.
As we chatted, the boat captain came ashore and offered a day at sea as a deck hand. WOW! who could say no? Stupid me. That’s who. I worked my ass off for a few fish to take home with me. Yet, I would do it again in a heartbeat but I am older now and . . . . . not up to snuff. However, I can sure swig their whiskey whilst they work!

I don’t know where you are in Taiwan, but if you head to Dong gang in Pintung county you will find a shit load of fishermen there, I think most are trawler men, when I saw trawler, that is trawling with nets. Maybe some dredgers too. There are boats and crews of all sizes down there, most are crewed by foreign labour, most are friendly.

maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll … 9&t=m&z=16

[quote=“2Enigma”]I really don’t know names or numbers anymore but about 14 years ago, I went to the Hsinchu port just to look around. I found some fishermen sitting on the dock next to a traditional Taiwanese fishing vessel. As soon as they saw my camera, the beers and hard stuff got hidden.
As we chatted, the boat captain came ashore and offered a day at sea as a deck hand. WOW! who could say no? Stupid me. That’s who. I worked my ass off for a few fish to take home with me. Yet, I would do it again in a heartbeat but I am older now and . . . . . not up to snuff. However, I can sure swig their whiskey whilst they work![/quote]

sounds fun

sounds like you had an adventure LOL

[quote=“Steviebike”]I don’t know where you are in Taiwan, but if you head to Dong gang in Pingdong county you will find a shit load of fishermen there, I think most are trawler men, when I saw trawler, that is trawling with nets. Maybe some dredgers too. There are boats and crews of all sizes down there, most are crewed by foreign labour, most are friendly.

maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll … 9&t=m&z=16[/quote]

Yes I am in Taipei and that is really far away.

Wushih harbour, where they do whale watching tours. Can hire a boat.

Also there is a thread on deep sea fishing. Check that out as the guy has a blog about fishing in Taiwan and lists at least one boat captain.