Anyone here watching West World?

It has started???

Yep. This week.

No idea what this garbage is. I’m a Shetland/Dr. Blake man myself.

I keep meaning to watch seasons 2 and 3.

If you get bored you might check out 1976’s Futureworld, which is the sequel to to the earlier Westworld movie. So bad it’s kind of great.

I think you mean seasons 1 & 2. Season 3 is just now starting.

1 Like

It’s funny how Singapore stands in for LA in the future.

1 Like

I’ll probably wait till they get three or four episodes in and then binge watch.

I partially liked the first two seasons. It almost got worse as it went on. Like they really didn’t know where to take it. But it’s a great concept.

The first three episodes were fantastic, IMO. A very thoughtful meditation on the hedonism of virtualized reality. As the photo realism of games gets better and better, at what point does killing become wrong or traumatizing?

After that it took a weird, meandering turn.

You’re right. Been out of touch with Westworld. I’ve seen all of season 1. Just need to watch season 3.

I watched latest season 3 episode 1, or rather tried to watch. It’s slow, dull, meandering and I kept fast-forwarding through it.

Really noice ending for season 3. Pity we will have to wait till 2022 or beyond for season 4 but anyways, really cool twists and turns. I like to be surprised…in a non silly deux ex macchina / rabbit from the writer’s hay kind of surprise. And love to be ignorant of what they could be cooking for season 4.

1 Like

I actually didn’t realise season 3 had come out yet - now I see I have 8 episodes to binge watch. I love it when that happens. I guess I’ll clear my schedule for tomorrow. :grinning:

2 Likes

Season 4 finished today, meh :person_shrugging:

was better than season 3 in my opinion, but still meh. Just stopped caring for the characters.

I really enjoyed this season and was on the verge of recommending it to people - until the finale. I would no longer recommend it.

I agree with you about the characters. It becomes difficult to care about them when death / reality / stakes apparently no longer exist. Also difficult when, despite many exposition dumps, they do their best to avoid saying what the characters are actually trying to achieve.

Yeah i agree. The finale was most likely a “your contract is finished” round-up anyway.

Bernard has been a non-character since season 2 in my opinion. Just someone looking confused endlessly

Thandiwe Newton’s character just got a bit snarky and stupid in season 3, although I think she did a decent job acting - her highlight was the Japanese theme episode whatever season that was. She was a bit interesting at the start of season 4 but they could have done better with the whole “I’m living in the wilderness now” thing.

Aaron Paul’s character was annoying throughout. How many times do we need to watch Evan Rachel Wood wake up?

Yeah, every line of dialogue felt like it was being delivered between intense bouts of diarrhoea.

I’m hoping it’s done and there is no season five. It was ok, but I wouldn’t watch it again.

I’ll return to my Korean dramas.

1 Like

They’ve certainly left the door open to have a MUCH reduced total salary expense for the cast next season! I suppose Evan Rachel Wood’s character is the only one who isn’t potentially gone. But on the other hand, with the way Season 5 has been set up, of course anyone could return and not actually be dead.

1 Like

She’ll probably be busy next year with the high-profile lawsuit - Wood vs Marilyn Manson.

Depp will be there, handing out pills when he starts waffling on the stand.