Anyone interested in beginner-level Taiwanese group classes?

A couple of people interested in doing group beginner classes at Maryknoll Taipei have got in touch with me and I’m trying to help them find others who might share the cost of a group class. Maryknoll is right by Taipei Main Station - times and days for instruction yet to be determined. Having taken the classes myself some time ago, I can give them the thumbs up; they teach a good solid basis in pronunciation, including the fiendish tone sandhi.

If you’re interested, you can drop me a PM and I’ll put you in touch with the others.

Bump for the morning crowd.

I’d love something like that. One wonders why no one in Tainan has something like that going, especially considering this is very much galigong country!

I think taiwanese may be easier to pronounce then mandarin? What you think?

But i heard its got 8 tones ! While cantonese supposedly has 9 tones.

[quote=“tommy525”]I think taiwanese may be easier to pronounce then mandarin? What you think?

[/quote]

not by a country mile lol. 7 tones these days but they CHANGE

[quote=“Tempo Gain”][quote=“tommy525”]I think taiwanese may be easier to pronounce then mandarin? What you think?

[/quote]

not by a country mile lol. 7 tones these days but they CHANGE[/quote]

Somehow I think the western tongue is more able to pronounce taiwanese exactly correctly rather then mandarin. But that may just be me because I grew up speaking Taiwanese and English.

And im hapa/hapa

Believe me, it’s just you. Taiwanese pronunciation is far more difficult than Mandarin.