Anyone know of anyone involved WATER DEVELOPMENT? Or anywhere I can go to find people doing water development?
My wife and I are in Yonghe until Jan 07. We’re working with a start-up English institute while finishing our last few graduate courses online (M.A. Intercultural Studies). I’m taking an online grad course in Water Development (particular emphases are appropriate technology and the relationship between water quality and community development). I would love to get in touch with anyone connected to the water development scene in Taiwan, and if not there, then the Mainland. I’m trying to find out what’s being done, ask some general questions, and get steered toward learning resources.
In addition to that, if anyone could help me get access to these texts, I’d sure appreciate it!
- Ken Darrow and Rick Pam, Appropriate Technology Sourcebook, Volume I (Stanford, CA, 1981).
- Ken Darrow, Kent Keller and Rick Pam, Appropriate Technology Sourcebook, Volume II (Stanford, CA, 1981).
- Gus Tillman, Environmentally Sound Small-Scale Water Projects: Guidelines for Planning (A CODEL*VITA Publication, New York, NY 1981).
- More Water for Arid Lands : Promising Technologies and Research Opportunities, Report of an Ad Hoc Panel of the Advisory Committee on Technology Innovation, Commission on International Relations, National Academy of Sciences (Washington, D.C. 1974).
- Peter Morgan, Rural Water Supplies and Sanitation (Blair Research Laboratory, Ministry of Health, Zimbabwe, 1990, Macmillan Education, Ltd., London).
- Environmental Health Technician Handbook (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Working Draft, 1981 Ed).