Anyone know about BSHi? (Japanese HDTV available in Taiwan)

Does anyone have or know about that BSHI service from Japan. It is that Japanese HDTV that is available here in Taiwan. You see it on the Plasmas and LCD TVs in many shops. Here is a link, I think nhk.or.jp/bs/

Any English broadcasts or alternate language track? I heard that they have a lot of US sports and the viewing quality is second to none. Anyone know anything else?

My wife is also curious because she is learning Japanese, but if there were also some English on there, it would be a quicker decision as it is not that cheap.

I think there is a one time only fee of NT$20K+.

More than 20K for you Mr H seein as your cable has to be run down the wall chutes. Probably more than 30K.

As for sports… all the sumo wrestling you can get. But BS does have HD and great classical music.

And if your into Japanese only programming BS is great.

That’s true that it’s very costy for that solution to learn Japanese.
If she is a beginner, why not just try the online webTV?

Try this website: there are several ON-Line TV programmes you can watch for free.
http://myweb.hinet.net/home10/musicbetty/tv/index.htm

[quote=“grace_tw”]That’s true that it’s very costy for that solution to learn Japanese.
If she is a beginner, why not just try the online webTV?

Try this website: there are several ON-Line TV programmes you can watch for free.
http://myweb.hinet.net/home10/musicbetty/tv/index.htm[/quote]Because WebTV isn’t high-definition.

Hey Sat TV, Do you have it? Have you browsed it? I heard they have a lot US sports no, not just Sumo wrestling.

My sister-in-law has it. There’s only a handful of channels, and there was no US sports when I was over, just Japanese programming.

Picture quality was spectacular, however. It was my first real look at HDTV, and I was sure impressed. They had a 50" plasma, and the HDTV was way better than watching a DVD.

Redmenace and Sat TV: OK thanks. Too bad. Want that HDTV so bad I almost went for the BS Hi. Nevermind then. Really, I could have swore one of the shops that was selling it told me there was a lot of NFL and NBA during the right season and there was an alternative track audio for the original English broadcast. BS HI HDTV of NFL of NBA on a huge projector or plasma, then I would be more motivated to agree with my wife on the purchase.

BS never has NFL or NBA…

[quote=“Serial Killer On Parole”]
BS never has NFL or NBA…[/quote]
How do you know? Do you have it? Have you ever looked for it?