Sanxia Living

I’ve been looking into homes in SanXia but I have heard some rumors about this area. Does anyone live here or know anything about this city? Can anyone give me some advice about this city?

Yup, I live in Sanxia … for 14 years now
What do you want to know? Rent, buy … city, hill side? Old city, new city near the university?

It’s a nice place in my opinion

As long as you fureners stay away … :ohreally: :laughing:

I often go there and it is a great place but not nice for a fresh of the boat foreigner or one that does not speak Chinese fluently.

What EYE want to know is how come they sell those disgusting fucking “croissants” there. Goddamn! They have an actual Belgian living there, yet they tout these tough, fibrous, nasty fake butter-filled so-called “pastries.” You should be ASHAMED to call that place home. I was there on Tuesday and the wife bought a shitload of these so-called “delicacies.” Thank GOD IN HEAVEN ABOVE that she took the whole load to her office, so that I didn’t have to even see them. GROSS!

Get them fake pastries OUT OF HERE!

1 Like

People buy them to give away … not eat them … you strange Scotsman, you forgot that it’s a custom in Taiwan to buy stuff, gifts for the whole extended family whenever you’ve been on a trip … to prove you’ve been there … no one cares to eat them … :roflmao:

So there you have it. Rumours confirmed. There IS a Belgian pattisserie in SanXia. I’d be worried about house prices and negative equity if I were you.

No MRT there yet.

I’m looking to buy a home there. I"m actually not really a foreigner I speak Fluent Chinese but I’m an ABC. I just heard something really random about the area. I"m kinda skeptical about what I heard. " The area is next to a trash dump so it smells at night and it is not safe there." The person who said is not trustworthy so I wanted to find out myself. I’m looking into the newer homes about maybe 2 yrs old. I’ll be back in a few months to take a look at the area.

In America there is an unofficial gauge for determining ‘tolerable livability’. First, you take a city like San Francisco or Seattle, you interpret the city center as containing the intellectual and cultural reserves of society, and then you apply the ‘coefficient of human retardedness’, a value that typically increases exponentially as a function of radial distance from these nodes. If this formula is also applicable for Taiwan, and considering what I experience on a daily basis here in the heart of Taipei City, by the time you reach Sanxia, the residents probably spend a majority of their days delousing, jacking off, and flinging their own shit at the passing visitors.

T

What abou animal rape especially sheep? How far does that usually occur away from the urban node of cultural superiority?

Dunno about the smell/trash dump bit, but I guess it all depends on the area. Most new developments are gathered around the Taipei University area. I went to check it out as many of my bosses are buying houses there. First of all, currently it is very undeveloped. Not enough schools, lost of construction sites around, most buildings are empty but sold. People but them for “collecting”, sorry, “investing”, they call it here, menaing hold on to them… per secula e seculorum. MRT development -though teh main draw- is years, many years away. So living there, right now, would be very inconvenient from any point of view -safety being one of them.

I have a picture of the developmenst in that area seen from Yinge -which I like because the developments are smaller and it already has a stable train connection. It looks scary, the termite mount syndrome. I also todl the story of a taxi driver with 3 houses there.

Just a heads up: prices are bubbling because of illegal transactions. Check today’s papers on the guy caught owing more than seven figures in taxes, by using 30 plus false dientities he sold and resold 900 houses. Guess where were most of those houses?

By making homes a commodity as movable and fickle as underwear the safety and living conditions are hereby compromised greatly.

Never seen a trash dump or smelled one that’s big enough to stink the whole of Sanxia … in every city there are limited local areas that are considered a dump …

Living here is more convenient than 10 years ago … now you have every 5 minutes a bus that goes to Yongning MRT station or another, takes 20-25 minutes (from Sanxia to Taipei main station 40-45 minutes, similar to Tamshui) … the university area has a Subway now, Carrefour is there, Pizzahut is in town, Napoli, Burger King and Mc Donalds are fine neighbors … there are tennis courts, a baseball stadium, hiking … biking …

Everything except for a direct MRT connection …

Not as much as you might think, the coyotes get them.

You tell us. You’re the one who lives on a fen.

People make a lot of noise about living next to an MRT, but in my opinion, it’s over-rated. People seem to have got into a mindset where everything more than 2 blocks away from an MRT station is “inconvenient.”
Plus, if you’re buying now in SanXia and they do eventually build an MRT later, your house price will probably go up. It will also go up due to speculation - as is happening now as Icon pointed out.
Personally, I wouldn’t buy a house in SanXia because I don’t like the area very much - it all depends on your personal perspective and whether you’re buying a place as your home or solely as an investment.

Mmm, if they have restaurants and supermarkets, I stand corrected, though I am stil concerned about so many empty houses. Yet, if you have a good transportation link -being it the highway, bus and MRT link, etc.- as long as it works for the thousands of working-tribe. And if those termite mounds fill up -shiver, shiver- it is going to be an impressive amount of people.

BP, how’s the park situation? Open spaces? Hiking?

Well I"m not really looking into investment it would be awesome but no not now. We are looking for something to live in while we are in Taiwan rather than staying at friends or hotels. I’ve posted topics in another forum about Danshui before but we are also looking into Tao Yuan and Sanxia right now. I actually don’t want to be too close to the MRT but at least have it available in the area. I know the MRT is in planning for the future for Sanxia but I don’t really know much about the City. I just brought it up to some one and they told me that the city was next to a “trash Hill/ Dump” at night it stinks and it is not safe to live there.

That is why my bosses chose Sanxia, as it is quite close to the airport -they need to go out of the country frequently, meet customers at the airport, yet are still within reasonable range of Taipei.

Dunno why that person said “dump” as it is certainly not correct. Seems to be an emotional assessment. On the other hand, empty houses could be a problem, but safety in Taiwan, overall, and Sanxia -as said, a tourist hotspot, does not seem to be a problem.

The park is inside the uni, free to use for everyone … and we have now a new riverside ‘park’ … there is also the bike link that starts from Hengshi (on the way to Tucheng) and connects all the way to Taipei, Tamshui, Xindian.
We have Yuanshan that you can walk up to and have a panorama of the whole Taipei basin to the right, and Taoyuan, Longtan to the left …

Yingge (railway) is across the bridge, so if you’re into pottery …
Manyueyen is 20 a minutes drive, as is Shimen reservoir … Fuxing and the #7 cross highway to Yilan is closeby … Paling is a 1 hour drive …

Taoyuan Airport, 15-20 minutes drive