Anyone ride pinlin 106?

interested in meeting up for weekend morning ride? Iinterested in meeting new riders… my current bike is 2008 CBR 1000RR.

That’s a great ride: I do enjoy that road. My current bike is a Giant TCR.

It sure would be nice if the bikes and the “bikes” could share this road, and Route 9, in a more civilized manner. It’s quite beautiful, but the “bikes” scare the crap out of me as they whip around the corners at over twice the posted speed limit. Insanity.

What is it about big bikes in Northern Taiwan? When I lived in Central Taiwan, I had one ridge road I’d regularly ride that big bikes loved, and they were always the best people to share a road with. Yet around the north, so many are selfish nuts.

New money, new scene, and not enough of the dickheads have been weeded out yet by crashing into other people.

Rider education is not even an idea here, and the culture has not matured properly. Same reason why there has been a spate of cyclists flying off the roads in the mountains: inexperience and lack of a mature supporting culture.

Not saying that all big bike riders are dickheads (i have a Ducati myself) but there are a noticeable few who think they’re God’s gift to humanity and fail to realise that right hand wrist tossing is as much of an onanistic admission on the bike as it is in the toilet.

New money, new scene, and not enough of the dickheads have been weeded out yet by crashing into other people.

Rider education is not even an idea here, and the culture has not matured properly. Same reason why there has been a spate of cyclists flying off the roads in the mountains: inexperience and lack of a mature supporting culture.

Not saying that all big bike riders are dickheads (i have a Ducati myself) but there are a noticeable few who think they’re God’s gift to humanity and fail to realise that right hand wrist tossing is as much of an onanistic admission on the bike as it is in the toilet.

I spend a heap of time on the roads out Pingxi/Pinglin way on my road bike and to be honest the big bikes have always been cool with me. Mind you I do avoid the 106 but that’s more because of the trucks and other general traffic.

Just wondering what you mean by the big bikes being cool with you. They stop for a chat? I can’t picture it as they race around blind corners at about 90-100/kph.