Anything happy to talk about

For me, I gotta pay to lose it.

Lemme seeā€¦ 6 times already.

No more complaints from my father, extra bonus!

Hot.

Wot?

I joined Jocko Willinkā€™s FB page recently for just the kind of good story and stoic positive thinking the OP seemed to be talking about.

This is very cool.

2 years progress
C6 quadriplegic

Now IDK how he could be a quadriplegic when he had obviously been using his arms, but dayum son. Good on you,

1 Like

When I look for any inspirational story people often pointed me to the story of that guy who basically is born without arms and legs. No idea his name but heā€™s kinda big in the Christian circle.

I know sometimes I wallow in self pity
No lambo no mansion no jet

At the gym noticed this guy on the treadmill next to me
And now normally I never even see any guys at the gym
They are there I just donā€™t see them

I noticed he has no arms and both arms were mechanical

Then Haysus I see he has not feet either!!!

But heā€™s jogging

I said to myself I Ainā€™t Got No Problems ā€¦ none compared to him

5 Likes

Happy !

2 Likes

Black rice pudding with coconut milk always makes me happy.

6 Likes

Sleeping with cats make me happyā€¦

2 Likes

If I ever fell asleep with a cat, I would probably wake up in ICU. Allergic.

I might end up in the ICU too, but probably from injuries rather than allergic reactions. My cat has this weird obsession with biting and attacking.

*except virgins

4 Likes

This morning I was at the Jingmei MRT station, and went to put some money onto my card. I put the card down and the machine just wouldnā€™t work. Iā€™ve done this thousands of times before, and never had a problem. Iā€™m slamming away at the screen and nada. The screen has frozen. Thereā€™s a high school kid next to me putting money on his card. He looks up and sees a foreigner in distress.
Him (in perfect English): Do you need some help?
Me: Nah. Thereā€™s a problem with the machine.
Him: Try this one. It just worked for me.
Me: Yeah, Iā€™m going to. Thanks.
Him: Youā€™re welcome.

High school kids on the MRT are usually a surly bunch. Scrambling for seats, sleeping, banging on their phones, or adjusting their hair.
That tiny action touched me. I thought it was quite sweet.

8 Likes

I crossed paths with another western guy this morning, he smiled said Hi instead of dropping his head and looking at the sidewalk.

Made me smile :blush:

4 Likes

Couldnā€™t have been me. Iā€™m terrified of saying ā€œhiā€ and getting glared at. Iā€™m sensitive like that.

1 Like

How do I know if it is a genuine ā€œHiā€ or a ā€œHi, got any spare change?ā€ or ā€œHi, you wanna go to the motel.?ā€
Wo Syang Tai Dwo?
:thinking:

1 Like

Sorry, I donā€™t understand Vietnameseā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

You go learn Mr

1 Like