Anything significant happening in Taiwan April 2nd - 8th?

I’m heading over to the Wan April 2nd to 8th.

I have nothing significant planned, but was wondering if there are any events going down? I think that’s the weekend of Spring Scream, but I’m not into that craziness anymore.

Would appreciate a heads up on anything, as I need to book my flight to the closest city, out of Jinmen (Taipei, Taichung, Kaoshiung, Tainan).

Ta :bow:

[quote=“Baas Babelaas”]I’m heading over to the Wan April 2nd to 8th.

I have nothing significant planned, but was wondering if there are any events going down? I think that’s the weekend of Spring Scream, but I’m not into that craziness anymore.

Would appreciate a heads up on anything, as I need to book my flight to the closest city, out of Jinmen (Taipei, Taichung, Kaoshiung (Gaoxiong), Tainan).

Ta :bow:[/quote]

The PRC has some fireworks planned for April 3rd along the West coast of Taiwan and in Taipei. Streets may become a little crowded in the week from April 4th onward since a lot of guests from mainland China will visit Taiwan in a show of close friendship. Maybe you should note the location of your embassy beforehand just in case you run into problems during your stay.

Edit: Sorry. I nearly forgot. There is also a big parade being held in Taipei around that time. The date is not set yet but you may be able to catch it within your stay.

There’s a large booze up at my place. Um, at the moment just me and the booze, but you’re welcome to attend and crash.

PRC or ROC?

Fireworks, meh. They annoy me more than anything. Now on the other hand…

A’ight. I’ll buy some duty free. Where ya at?

PRC or ROC?

Fireworks, meh. They annoy me more than anything. Now on the other hand…

[/quote]

Everything I wrote is definetly PRC :smiley: otherwise it wouldnt be significant :wink:

Nothing significant, mate. It’s taiwan after all.

Nothing, nothing at all?

I think I’m going to fly into Taichung, see a mate or two then head up to Puzi, it seems.

Fly out of Songshan (I like that airport).

Beware lotto wins on April 1st

And tombsweeping day on the 4th of April will tie up traffic for the day. And maybe freeways for a couple of days. Best take the train inter-island.

Puzi?? Gosh what the heck is there? Its what i imagine commie china would be like in the sticks.

Drove by the place once.

One of our esteemed Forumosans lives there. Might pop in.

Otherwise…?

Might hit up Sun Moon Lake, Kenting…