Anywhere to get a Scuba license in Taiwan?

I’ve wanted a scuba license for a while now. I was thinking since I’m in Taiwan and I have some free time I would like to get it here.

Is there anywhere a foreigner can go get one? My Mandarin isn’t good enough to take a Mandarin scuba class. I don’t know how the whole thing works so I thought I would ask here.

Also move this thread if it’s not in the right place… I didn’t know where to put it.

Thank you.

Some years back there was a westerner instructor at a scuba shop on Minquan E. Rd., just west of the Minquan bridge, who was offering customized training courses; I don’t know whether he’s still around or not. Also, some of the Taiwanese instructors should speak English. Check out a couple of shops, ask in English, and see if they can communicate well enough with you to set something up.

There are quite a few English-speaking PADI instructors running courses around Taiwan. You didn’t mention where you live.

There are no scuba licenses … they are called scuba certifications:bow:
Just reminding you that you’re a few hours from the Philippines, go there and do it in one go … better, easier and probably cheaper when you don’t include the flight and stay …

[quote=“Belgian Pie”]There are no scuba licenses … they are called scuba certifications:bow:
Just reminding you that you’re a few hours from the Philippines, go there and do it in one go … better, easier and probably cheaper when you don’t include the flight and stay …[/quote]

Do it locally…Study locally, dive locally. Don’t become a resort diver. Go into the scuba thread and you’ll see remarks from several foreign instructors here; one of which is organizing an Orchid Island trip (full) in Early October. If you are down south, this is the guy I’d recommend. An old friend and very competent instructor.

Did my Open Water with John Boo ( Canadian) from U-Dive Taiwan. Very good instructor, and decent guy as well. www.udive.com.tw
Safe diving,
HS

There are many good instructores here. And great places to dive.

Look for the 3 scuba threads: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=67446

Finsarefun and shellbackdiver would be my recomendation, but I know of about 4 or 5 others. PM me if you want numbers or want me to give them your #