Anywhere to rent 250's?

My family is coming over from the US in June and I was wondering if we can rent something a little more fun than the standard 125cc scooters that I’ve rented in the past.

I have an under 250 license so big bikes are out of the picture.

Do you guys know if there is anywhere we can rent CPI 250, SYM T2 etc? Doesn’t matter where as we will be all over the island at some point or another.

If not, I’d settle for some KTR’s. Anything other than lamo scooters (although I’d probably get one for my mom).

CPI doesn’t sound to me. I know that SYM T2 is rented somewhere in Taipei, because I heard once of one that was rented then crashed. Well, I saw the video :smiley:

I’m sure that it’s easier to find a 250cc scooter though. BTW, if you’re sitting your mother in one and let her deal with local traffic, then you don’t love her much hahahaha

There is a place at the roundabout where roosevelt rd. and keelung rd. cross. They have Honda 250cc Hornets at least…

Ah I used to pass that place all the time when I lived in Jingmei a few years back. Didnt know it was a rental place. Hornets would definitely fit the bill. I’ll have to check it out.

Oh also, do these places have any problems renting to waiguos? Even the scooter shops seem to be uncomfortable with it and rent them out me somewhat grudgingly. They always give me this face → :ohreally:

I guess they will rent if you have ARC and passport with you and valid driving licence… :smiley: They also have ninja 250 for rent, passed by it today. Not 100% sure about the renting as I havent rent one, have my own 650 ninja :slight_smile:

Rental price is quite steep tho… like 6k for one day or something like that…

[quote=“jussip”]I guess they will rent if you have ARC and passport with you and valid driving licence… :smiley: They also have ninja 250 for rent, passed by it today. Not 100% sure about the renting as I havent rent one, have my own 650 ninja :slight_smile:

Rental price is quite steep tho… like 6k for one day or something like that…[/quote]

Is it the place with the big bikes right on the edge of the roundabout? They didnt have any white plates of any kind in sight and the lady there (who didnt speak a lick of English as far as I could tell) said they didnt have any 250’s. My Chinese is bad to nonexistent so I couldnt tell if they were rented out or they just dont do it anymore.

Any other options? I just want to rent 2 motorcycles or scooters that would be good for some long day rides into the mountain. Anything but some lame ass 110 or 125 budget scooter. I don’t mind renting out of Kaohsiung, Taichung or anywhere else on the west coast either.

Anyone?

Kaohsiung has rentals across the street from the train station. I rented without an ARC two years ago from the shop on the east street corner across the street from (and maybe one block east) of the train station. I rented a nice 150cc motorcycle (not scooter) for NT600 or NT700 per day. They had bigger ones, too. Payment, copy of my passport, and signature on contract was all they required. Didn’t offer any kind of insurance and the contract made clear I was liable for any damage.

Had loads of fun riding up to Maolin and Liugui.

[quote=“grandfeller”]Kaohsiung has rentals across the street from the train station. I rented without an ARC two years ago from the shop on the east street corner across the street from (and maybe one block east) of the train station. I rented a nice 150cc motorcycle (not scooter) for NT600 or NT700 per day. They had bigger ones, too. Payment, copy of my passport, and signature on contract was all they required. Didn’t offer any kind of insurance and the contract made clear I was liable for any damage.

Had loads of fun riding up to Maolin and Liugui.[/quote]

Excellent, thanks. We’ll be spending a few days in Pingtung so that’s good to know.

[quote=“PaddyB”][quote=“jussip”]I guess they will rent if you have ARC and passport with you and valid driving licence… :smiley: They also have ninja 250 for rent, passed by it today. Not 100% sure about the renting as I havent rent one, have my own 650 ninja :slight_smile:

Rental price is quite steep tho… like 6k for one day or something like that…[/quote]

Is it the place with the big bikes right on the edge of the roundabout? They didnt have any white plates of any kind in sight and the lady there (who didnt speak a lick of English as far as I could tell) said they didnt have any 250’s. My Chinese is bad to nonexistent so I couldnt tell if they were rented out or they just dont do it anymore.

Any other options? I just want to rent 2 motorcycles or scooters that would be good for some long day rides into the mountain. Anything but some lame ass 110 or 125 budget scooter. I don’t mind renting out of Kaohsiung, Taichung or anywhere else on the west coast either.

Anyone?[/quote]

Yes, the place is at the roundabout and they have white plates also. Ninja 250 and Hornet 250, I know the lady in there does not speak english, so most likely she meant that they didnt have them at that moment. Most likely the white plates are on demand as you can rent one with “heavy” scooter licence. Hope it helps!

I’ve seen a Ninja 250 at what sounds like the Kaoshiung place mentioned above, but have zero zohngwen so could make no enquiries. SYM T1, (I think, maybe T2, too) too. 2 years ago though.