Apartment for RENT in SHANGHAI (PuXi, Huangpu District, Laoximen area, 15 min walk to Xintiandi)

Hi folks - my place in Shanghai is available for rent again. Since the time this was posted 3 years ago, this view below has completely changed – gone are all the shikumen. During the lockdowns of Shanghai, the city government had to track down every resident – and they did! In the process, they realized that they could then relocate finally them and at last proceed with their long awaited urban redevelopment plans. I visited the neighborhood last Spring, and I was stunned back then to see the clear open space then that replaced the brown buildings in this photo:

Here is a view from the new apartment listing now that it is available for rent again. You can see the new towers already going up in the distance

Here is the new listing:

This is a view from Google Maps from earlier this year (2023). On the right is the same view as the left, but the yellow area shows the perspective from the photos

In case you or someone you know might be looking for a place to rent in Shanghai z please DM me.

2 Likes

I have no memory of making this comment. But it’s pretty funny.

3 Likes

Finding (or reviving) older threads can reveal some hidden gold. :joy:

Guy

Found a tenant – whew! I am thinking of selling the place so here are some videos taken today. So you can see how much they have built in the past 7 months.

When I lived here, the road was half the width and was teeming with people washing their hair, toddlers going to the bathroom, people walking to the community septic tank carrying covered pots, etc. Sure, it was lively, but it was not pleasant to walk through every day, especially at this time of year

1 Like