Apartments in Taipei city

I am getting sick of danshui… not much nightlife other than stupid KTV places… I heard the apartments in Taipei city is expensive, even a 3 ping place runs more than 10,000NT… what’s the best area to live in terms of prices within Taipei city?

This has been done a MILLION times before.
But I’ll say Muzha.
Still technically Taipei, but cleaner and cheaper.
Close to the MRT and minutes away from the Taipei nightlife you desire.

Ximen
2 ping
Security guard
No “little-strong” guys either

Just stay along the MRT. Taipei and Banciio. just too happy. Go South. For example, Tuchen. I used to pay 1500 NT for 16 ping. Nice place but when I found I was paying too much, I went South to Tuchen. 45 Ping, new 3 bedroom place with security, new place with gym (I never use it) library (ya right) and just a great place. Same price!!! Get out of town. You will pay the price, but have more space and less hassle.

Is it possible that you meant 15,000NT?

Enigma, the guy lives in Danshui and is complaining about the distance and the lack of nightlife there, and you’re suggesting that he move to Tucheng? Which takes almost as long to get to. :unamused:

Muzha is kind of far out too. I’d suggest the area around LinGuang MRT. It’s right next to a mountain of cemeteries which the locals shun, hence cheaper rent. Plus it’s only 4 stops away from downtown.

[quote=“Incubus”]Enigma, the guy lives in Danshui and is complaining about the distance and the lack of nightlife there, and you’re suggesting that he move to Tucheng? Which takes almost as long to get to. :unamused:

Muzha is kind of far out too. I’d suggest the area around LinGuang MRT. It’s right next to a mountain of cemeteries which the locals shun, hence cheaper rent. Plus it’s only 4 stops away from downtown.[/quote]

Yea, I cant walk back to danshui at 3AM cause its too far and I am sure cabs will cost a LOT. I don’t mind walking a few MRT stops in the afterhours when I come back from a venue… Are any of the housings near National Taiwan university cheap? I would think they have student housing…

go south a bit on the red line (anywhere from shipai to shilin). area is pretty cheap, convenient and kinda fun…

If you can get a scooter, then Chungho/Yungho would be a great place to live. Where I live, which is a 20-minute walk East of Yongan Market Station (orange line) - I can get to Taipei 101 in 15 minutes on scooter, and get to Taipei Main Station in the same 15 minutes. 15 ping place on the 5th floor is only $10,000/month!!!

If you can’t get a scooter, however, I’d suggest Wanhua (Ximen Ding is within Wanhua). It’s the oldest area in Taipei and also the ghettoest. Get a place between Longshan Temple Station and Ximen Station. It would be dirt-cheap, maybe like $10-$14,000 for a 10-14 ping place… and could mean anywhere from a 2-20 minute walk from Ximen Ding, and add an extra 10 minutes to Taipei Main Station. It’s funny… if you walk away from Ximen Ding to the South for only 5 minutes, the scenery changes so much. And I don’t mean in a good way - but that’s what makes it cheap! I hope you don’t mind seedy neighbourhoods!

If you want to live near the club-life, however, then you’d have to go to the East District, which is significantly dearer. In that case, maybe Yongchun MRT would be good? That area is significantly more expensive, though.

Linguang sounds like a good idea, too!

You may also want to look at an area near Guting MRT, which is quite central.

{breed}

(雅房) room between a single’s

The bathroom is uses together with other inhabitants

Level ground number: 3~7

Expense: 3000~7000NT

(套房) independent individual room

The bathroom is individual use

Level ground number: 3~20

Expense: 5000~20000

(公寓ˋ住家) the family or the friend use together

Level ground number: 20~60

Expense: 10000~40000

The water expense contains in the hiring expense

The electric power expense is other computation

Moreover ~

Usually has rapid transit system the house quite to be
expensive

i from taiwan taipei

Taiwan person

lol…= =

Can we just rent for 3 to 6 months? Or anyone has short term accommodation to recommend preferably broadband ready.

[quote=“joanna_0315”]{breed}

(雅房) room between a single’s

The bathroom is uses together with other inhabitants

Level ground number: 3~7

Expense: 3000~7000NT

(套房) independent individual room

The bathroom is individual use

Level ground number: 3~20

Expense: 5000~20000

(公寓ˋ住家) the family or the friend use together

Level ground number: 20~60

Expense: 10000~40000

The water expense contains in the hiring expense

The electric power expense is other computation

Moreover ~

Usually has rapid transit system the house quite to be
expensive

i from taiwan Taipei

Taiwan person

lol…= =[/quote]

This reminds me of my first encounter with real estate agency websites, all in chinese, all of which I could not read.
after translating it I still didn’t know wtf was going on. Its a surprise I actually even managed to buy a place.

its took me the best part of forever to figure out what “level ground number” was…

why not share? bigger place, meet new people etc